Chapter - 26 Spilling beans - II

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Liam asked.

"Boyfriend?" Eva frowned and then started counting on the fingers of both her hands,"1, 2, 4, 10?" then she giggled.
"I have 10 boyfriends!"

Liam wanted to kill someone or maybe not just one. The answer wasn't what he had expected but then again what had he really expected from her? She has her life, he acknowledged much against his wishes.

She laughed looking at him and joining her forefinger with the tip of her thumb she looked at him and said,"Zero!"

"Zero?"

"No boyfriend. Never had a boyfriend."she said looking sad.

"So you never had a boyfriend." Now he relaxed again and smiled.
"Why?"

"Mom-dad said no boyfriend till college. I studied in all girls school. In college I didn't talk much. When I came here you made me work so much. I got no free time..." she was on the verge of crying again, Liam realised.

Never in his life had he thought that he would be enjoying a conversation with a drunkard. 'A very cute drunkard, he corrected himself.

His thoughts were interrupted when Eva leaned a little forward and cupped his face in the palm of hands and looked at him with squinted eyes.
"You...you twins? Two Liam Richardson!" she laughed,"why are you moving?" and then next minute she quickly covered her mouth with her hand and Liam knew what was going to happen next. She emptied the contents of her stomach.

------

Eva prepared Liam's coffee and knocked at the door before entering. She placed the coffee on the table and just as she turned around to leave she was stopped by that magnetic voice.

"Stop Eva!" she turned around and he was standing right in front of her.

'Is he a vampire? So fast!'

He was standing so close to her that their bodies were only mere inches apart.

"Y-yes sir?"

"There are some things, Miss Evangeline that I need to work upon."

"Oh..OK. I will leave then."

"No! You wait. I need you here."

"Then I will bring my notepad."

"You don't need that either." he said looking at her.

Their close proximity and his soft and magnetic voice was making her more and more nervous.

He snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him. It was so sudden that her eyes widened in shock.

"M-Mr Richardson -" she tried to speak but Liam placed a finger on her soft pink lips. With that simple touch the words stopped on her lips and he continued.
"When I first came to New York you kissed me. When I asked you for the reason you said it was a way of greeting." he said tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.
"Now I want you to greet me like that everyday."

" I - I explained it earlier that - that it was just a mistake."

"And then," he continued ignoring her explanation,"You had doubts about my sexuality." he lightly touched her face with the back of his fingers. Her heart was beating wildly at his every touch, his voice and his words.

"I- I apologized."

Attractive and handsome though he was she still wanted to get out of his hold. Far from his touch but he didn't move a  centimetre. His gaze was still focused on her beautiful face.

He bent his head bringing his face closer to hers. Their lips only few centimetres apart...

"No!" Eva's eyes flew open and she was panting heavily. It took her several minutes to realise that she was on her bed and not in CEO's office.

"Damn Eva! what kind of strange dreams are you having so early in the morning? Such indecent and hot dreams!" she sighed and laid back on the bed. Her head was hurting really bad but then she realised something.

"Why does my room look a bit....different? Very different. It's too big. Bigger than it normally looks." she got up and looked around the room. This room wasn't hers, she realised. She had never even been here ever before! Then where was she? She wondered and just then her eyes fell on a picture and she realised,"It's Liam Richardson's house! And here's a portrait of his so...the room...oh god!" she gasped.
"I'm in Liam Richardson's room!" She was shocked. "No! It can't be. I must be dreaming. I should just go back to sleep and then I'm sure I'll wake up in my room."

She quickly lay on the bed again  and opened her eyes a minute later but she  still found herself in that same room.

She got up again and pinched on her arm hoping to wake up from whatever strange kind of dream she was having but to no use. With an aching head and an arm which she had mistakenly pinched a little too hard, she was still in that same room. This was no dream but reality!

She tried to reason it out.
"Why am I here?  What happened yesterday?"
All sorts of questions were flooding her brain. She tried to calm herself down so that her brain could find the answers to the questions that were causing a havoc in her head.

"Ok I was at a business dinner party yesterday with Mr Richardson. Then I...I  danced with him and then suddenly his mood changed like weather and he left. Then ...then he was talking to a female who was sticking to him like a vine. Why not make her his secretary and give me a break from all this!?" she took a deep breath to calm the rising anger in her.

"No Eva, don't go there. First you need to think about how you got here." She took a deep breath and started putting the pieces of her puzzled memory again.

"OK then I drank something. Then....then what happened?" she held her aching head in between her hands.

"God! I don't remember what happened after that! Damn it!"she laid on the bed again. She couldn't remember even a single thing from the previous night after she got drunk. But just then a very important question popped into her head, that is, what was she wearing?