Chapter 28- Resolutions

JULIANA'S POV

I stepped into the dark room, revealing my father tied up to a chair with blood dripping from his face.

Adrian stood towering over him as he repeatedly punched him in the face.

"Tell us who you're working for you piece of shït" he spat and my father just smiled smugly showing his bloody teeth.

"Adrian, that's enough" Tyberias said and Adrian hesitantly stopped but not without giving my father one last hard punch that knocked his smirk right off his face.

"He's not speaking" Adrian said.

I then reached for Tyberias' gun that he had tucked into his pants and pointed it to my father's head.

They both looked at me in shock.

"You won't actually shoot me. You'll never have the balls to do it because your nothing but a pathetic bi-" he began but was stopped as 2 bullets pierced his skull.

On cue, blood dripped from his head down his body and then onto the ground.

Tyberias whistled lowly "I wasn't expecting that"

"That was hot" Adrian commented

"Shut the hell up" Tyberias muttered and roughly shoved Adrian.

I rolled my eyes, they're so childish.

"Can you take me to Estella please?" I asked Tyberias.

He nodded and led me out the room.

We found Estella in the living room playing with Maria.

"Jay?" She said and looked up at me. Guilt instantly flooded through me.

"Hey, you" I smiled.

"Are you still angry at me" she sighed.

"I was never angry at you" I said.

I then heard Tyberias and Maria walk out the room, leaving us alone.

"Come, I need to tell you something" I said and patted my lap.

She quickly came and climbed onto me.

"Mom, has gone away for a while" I said

"It's okay, she'll be back soon, like always" she smiled.

"No, Estella. Mom isn't coming back this time"

"Where is she?"

"She's in a better place" I said.

"But she didn't even say goodbye" she sighed.

"I know. But she loves you a lot, just remember that, okay?" I said, she nodded and I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Do you want to play with me?" She asked.

"Of course"

"Can Ty-bear play with us as well?" She asked and I laughed. She had taken a liking to Tyberias.

She yelled his name and he quickly entered the room.

"What are we playing?" He asked as if he had been listening to our whole conversation.

"We're playing sleeping beauty. I'm Maleficent. Jay, you can be Princess Aurora. And Ty-bear, you can be Prince Phillip."

30 minutes later

I laid in the middle of the living room with my eyes closed and my long hair spread out as I heard Tyber- I mean Prince Phillip approach me.

He knelt down besides me and I held my breath knowing what was going to happen next. This would be the first time we would be kissing since I was kidnapped and I've missed it so much

"Kiss her" whispered Estella

I felt him lean down, his breath fanning my face. His fingers tucked the hair that fell on my face behind my ear. He stroked my cheek with his thumb, the simple action causing tingles to spread through my body.

Without waiting any longer his lips lightly brushed mine, delicately, like butterfly wings. It was just long enough that I could inhale and taste his minty breath. I reached up to play with his hair and deepened the kiss.

"That's enough" interrupted Estella and I rolled my eyes as she tugged on Tyberias' hair, pulling him away from me.

•_• •_• •_• •_•

"There's something else I need to talk to you about" Tyberias said to me.

"What is it" I said looking up from my phone.

"Anthony, my driver that double crossed us, is in the basement down at the warehouse. I was going to kill him but I didn't want to do it without telling you first."

I thought for a second, did I want him dead? I hated him for playing a part in my kidnapping but he was also just a desperate father willing to do anything for his ill daughter.

"Let him go." I said.

"What? Why? He's the reason you got kidnapped. I'm not going to let him go."

"Tyberias his daughter has cancer, he needed the money. Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same if you were in his position."

"I wouldn't get an innocent girl kidnapped just for some money. He could've come to me and asked for help if he was struggling with the medical bills."

"Tyberias, you're not exactly the most approachable person to ask for help." I stated.

"Please let him go. For me." I asked and rubbed a hand over his stubble.

"Can I at least shoot him in the leg" he asked and I glared at him.

"In the arm?" He asked again.

"Tyberias!"

"Fine" he sighed

^-^ ^-^

We were both now lying on Tyberias' bed while I was on his chest. His arms were wrapped protectively around me.

"I missed this. I missed having you in my arms" he mumbled. He was probably referring to how I locked myself in my room and barely came out for the last few days.

"I missed it too. I'm sorry for being so distant"

"I could barely sleep or eat while you were gone. I think I was suffering from withdrawal symptoms or something." He joked and I laughed lightly.

A few moments of comfortable silence passed.

"I really appreciate having you in my life, Tyberias" I smiled and looked up at him.

"I would appreciate myself too if I was you" he smirked.

I scoffed and lightly punched his chest.

"You ruined the moment" I pouted.

"Don't worry, we can make many more moments" he grinned and flipped us over so he was on top of me.

"I'm tired. I just want to cuddle" I yawned. He nodded and pecked my nose before hugging me from behind.

I closed my eyes and just when sleep was about to overtake me, I heard a noise that I knew all too well.

"Get off the PS4, Tyberias and get back to cuddling me" I commanded without even opening my eyes and I heard him sigh.

I smiled when I felt him behind me again.

A couple minutes passed and I felt myself doze in and out of consciousness.

"Are you awake?" I heard Tyberias whisper.

I was too tired to answer so I ignored him.

When he didn't hear me answer he slowly moved away from me and I heard the PS4 start up sound again.

Is he serious?

I shot up from my position and he looked at me like a frightened little boy. I reached for the controller in his shaking hands and threw it across the room.

"This is 'us' time'" I scolded and he nodded obediently.

He quickly went back to cuddling me and I smiled to myself.

——

Vote and Comment