22. I am your husband

QUEEN ROSHAN BELLA

"Your majesty! I think that will be enough..", Rosa said.

"You sure Rosa? I don't cook often...I don't have the idea.", I said nervously.

She smiled gently, "Don't worry.... this is enough for them."

Nodding, I signalled the maids to take the food outside in dining area.
Both the fathers were already here.

"My regards father!", "Bless me father in-law", I greeted them.
They smiled in my direction.

"I came to know my Bella is cooking! I wouldn't miss that for the world...", Father said smiling wide.

"Yeah, Lucan here told me you know some of your mother's recipes. I couldn't help but be drawn here...Sabrina was very good at cooking!"

I nodded, "And I have made all that mother taught me..."

I took a place beside the empty head chair, where the king sits.
I called Tyler, "Did you invite the king?"

He nodded, "Yes your highness I did.", he cleared his throat, "he went in the forest yesterday on Thunder, and returned today at the dawn break."
I know he said this intentionally.

But do I care? No!

I laughed, "His first wife started living in the forests..."

He shook his head, "No your majesty! He was not well..."

Concern was what I felt for a moment, but thankfully my resolve from yesterday was still fresh.

I heard the announcer announce the presence of the king, and so I straightened my back, and the resolve.
Don't melt in his presence.
Control your feelings as much as you can.
Don't give him any sign of love.
Make him suffer for what he did.
Be happy with what you have.

I felt his presence near and thus stood up, bowing  before him, "My regards! Your majesty!"

I looked up at him, only to find him in a thrashed condition. He looked miserable! As if the burden of this world had been put on his shoulders. His eyes were lifeless, and his shoulders were slumped.

"You don't have to do that Bella..", I hear him mutter in a low voice, before he took his place.

Father in law spoke up, "What have you done to yourself Mahir? You don't look well..."

He smiled at his father, "That's alright. I will manage."

His father looked at him with pain but diverted his gaze immediately, "I would announce now, that Bella wanted to do this ritual and that's why we have gathered here. Our queen is very responsible and respectful, and that she showed today. Once we eat this food, it has to be distributed in the castles, and the kingdoms. And make sure everyone gets to eat this..", The maids of the kitchen nodded and left the room.

I walked forward and served him first as he is the king now. He was staring in one direction doing nothing, not even telling if it's enough or he needs more.

Meditation helped me to concentrate and block him from getting any access to my feelings. Because I stopped feeling anything. But now looking at him, my heart goes in a frenzy and refuses to believe he's the same man who hurt me so much.

The breakfast passed by just fine. At the end, he asked Tyler something... and Tyler went away.

Clearing his throat, he said, "Bella...I know I hurt you...and I know you hurting will always hurt me...it's not one sided. I got this made for you, before the wedding, when I had no idea things would turn out like this. Accept this for the sake of whatever we had... and I wouldn't hold it against you if you throw it away."