1. Surprise!

The school bell rings, finally the last day of school is over. It felt like it was never going to end. It's a beautiful summer day, the sun is shining brightly and there are no clouds to be seen.

I'm already looking forward to this summer break. I'm going to the beach with some friends, camping with Emily and Sarah, Jenna is hosting a pool party and I'm going to have many awesome slumber parties. This is going to be the best summer yet.

I jump on my bike and start riding home. A fresh summer breeze flows through my hair, it's really nice since it's pretty hot outside. When I'm home I'm definitely taking a dip in the pool, that brings me an idea.

Before I go home I make a quick stop for Starbucks, I'll order myself a chocolate frappuccino with extra ice perfect for a hot summer day like this one. The line for Starbucks is insanely long, apparently more people wanted a refreshing drink. I'm standing behind a tall guy, he's wearing a taxi uniform and has big sweaty armpits. That's one thing I don't like about summer, all the sweaty people. Luckily the row moves pretty fast and before I know it I can order.

As I walk back to my bike I see a flyer, "Camp bright and sunny" it says. Ugh, I hate summer camps. They're so lame, I honestly feel sorry for all the kids whose parents send them off to a summer camp. If I had to go to one of those it would be the worst summer ever, lucky for me my parents are chill. They would never send me to such a lame thing.

I put my drink in the cup holder and jump on my bike. I love that the Starbucks shop is close by my house, I only have to ride five minutes to get there.

I toss my keys in the key basket and go upstairs. Bye books, I won't be needing you this summer, I think while pushing some books in the drawer under my bed. I sip the last bit of coffee and put on my bathing suite. All I wanna do now is relax by the pool and maybe even get a tan. I grab my favorite book and my phone and walk down the stairs.

The pool looks tempting, its blue water sparkles in the sunlight and a big floaty floats on it. When I walk into the kitchen I see some papers on the table, one of them looks very familiar.

"Camp Bright and Sunny", it says. It must have come in the mail with the other adds, I think. I quickly grab it and push it in the garbage bin. I don't want to take any risks, I wouldn't want my parents to find out about the camp and have them take me there.

I know I just said they would never do that but sometimes they get these crazy idea's that I'm not "social enough" and than they want me to do something social.

No thanks!

I'm good with my few friends. Well no need to worry about all that now because it's summer break.

I drop my towel on the beach chair and jump into the pool. The water is the perfect combination of refreshing and pleasant.

As I'm floating in the sun I hear my parents coming home.

"Rikki can you come here for a second? We have a surprise for you",

mom jells from the kitchen.

A surprise for me? I wonder what it could be. I try to get off the floaty but I slip and fall into the water. Great, I was almost dry. I giggle and grab my towel.

I walk to the kitchen while drying my hear with the towel.

"I'm here, so what is it mom?",

my voice fills with excitement.

"Well since we can't go on vacation this year we decided to sign you up for a summer camp. So you can still go on a trip",

mom says happily.