Chapter 16 - Down

Reid was able to bring a few thing with him from his apartment. You offered to let him stay at your place while everything got situated. He could mainly bring essentials since his apartment was considered an active crime scene.

He wasn't acting like himself, but what do you expect from someone who just got out of prison. He was especially down on himself for not being there for Diana. He blamed himself.

It was getting late so you drove him back to your apartment. He didn't say a word the whole way home.

"I didn't have time to go get groceries but I can order Chinese," You tried starting a conversation.

"I'm not hungry," Reid said in a monotone voice.

"Spence you need to eat something," You sighed.

"I'm not hungry," He sat his things down on the couch followed by himself.

"I'll go ahead and order for when you do get hungry then," You went ahead and called a local restaurant.

Reid dug around in his bag for something but could not seem to find it. He was pulling out clothes and a few books searching for whatever it was.

"Spence? What's wrong?" You asked.

"I had a journal. I don't know where I put it," He didn't look up from his search.

"I'm sure it will turn up," You reassured him.

"I put it in here. It's from jail," He was getting kind of frantic.

The doorbell rang and you went to answer it. The food had arrived. You sat it down on the coffee table in front of Reid who had nearly everything out of his bag at this point.

"You probably left it back at home," You looked at him.

He kept searching. You placed your hand on his trying to get him to relax but instead he flinched.

"I'm sorry. I'm just going to go to bed," He apologized before going to your bedroom.

You finished up your meal and put his away in the fridge. You got ready for bed and crawled up next to Reid who seemed like he had been asleep for a while. For once he finally appeared to be relaxed. It was sad that the only time he could be was when he was asleep.

In the middle of the night, you awoke to Reid sat up in the bed in a panic.

"What's happened? What's wrong?" You asked.

"I had a nightmare," He laid back down facing you.

Reid wrapped his arms tightly around you pulling you close against him. He had his head resting on top of yours.

"Y/n," He said.

"Yes Spence?"

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you too."

——A/N——
I'm not sure if I should continue this? I will if people want me to, but it seems like people are losing interest