Life Changing Decision

"Always."

One word, but it struck harder than a carefully composed lecture.

A thoughtful silence followed, each nation caught up in their own bitter realizations. 

"Sometimes, I wonder if I won independence from the right person." The loud, boisterous America had his lips pressed into a thin, annoyed line as he spoke. The atmosphere in the room was so unnatural for the usually silly, chaotic bunch, that an outsider's heart would have leapt in relief upon hearing Russia speak up in his usual chilling, childish tone; "Well, it's obvious what we need to do, nyet?" When the smiling nation received nothing but questioning gazes, he pouted momentarily, but continued regardless; "We need to show them how the world should be." 

This sent ripples of confusion and slight shock through everyone, and North Italy was the first to voice it; "Ve, how?" Spain opened his mouth to reply, but was beat to it by France, who had cracked the tiniest of smiles; "Revolution?" Mutual mumbled agreements spread, but as always, the voice of reason broke through, Germany; "Wait, slow down. You can't just... Decide that. It's not a matter to be taken lightly."

For once, everyone heard a normally unnoticed whisper reply; "We could have a vote." When the Canadian nation realized everyone had actually payed heed to him and his words, he went wide eyed, his soft features in an expression of awed shock. 

"Fine. Which bastardo doesn't agree?" South Italy demanded, and not a hand rose up under his heated hazel glare. Satisfied, the moody Italian nation leaned back in his seat, staring pointedly at Germany expectantly, who sighed, but nodded. "It's like, totally decided then!" Exclaimed Poland, causing some to smile slightly in amusement to see he still had his usual eccentric demeanor. 

As always, that day, human foolishness caused a life changing decision. 

Most would start a revolution by aggressively addressing the root of their problem, but that was an imbecile's way. The nations started small. In every country and corner of the globe, they were spreading information that became the talk of each town. In little under a month, nearly all of the over seven billion of the world population knew dirty secrets on the head of their country, as well as of the existence of the immortal personifications of nations.

Was convincing people easy? Not in the least. The tactics that were used were numerous, and amongst them....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, let's clear something up here. The nations didn't just decide such a thing out of the blue, it's piled up from all the endless issues humans have caused them and such throughout the centuries. Just making sure everyone knows it.

Next few chapters are going to be written a bit differently for reaons that will become obvious in a bit.

See ya the day after tomorrow~!