Honesty

Was convincing people easy? Not in the least. The tactics that were used were numerous, and amongst them...  

Honesty.

A crowd of villagers gathered around the familiar young blonde man they knew as Matthew Williams, who stammered nervously, intimidated by the unusual attention. Taking a deep, calming breath, he let his violet eyes wander over the Canadian citizens. His citizens. His people. 

They watched attentively and curiously as Matthew Williams, soon to be known amongst them as Canada, began speaking; 

"You all know me under one name, a human name, but it isn't... It isn't the truth. I hate lying, I really do, that's why I'm just going to be straight forward about this. I... I'm not a human. I'm a... A nation. I'm not crazy either, I swear. What I meant by that was... I'm a literal personification of this nation, Canada, and every country around the globe has one."

He paused, taking in their reaction. Nothing outrageous yet. That was good.

"That's why I can communicate with the native animals, that's why I tell you not to fret when I have an injury, and that's why I learn so fast, speak so many languages, and consume an inhuman amount of maple syrup."

This earned a few amused momentary smiles, but they soon returned to the shared expressions of confusiona nd disbelief, and Canada was not oblivious to it. "I look nineteen, right? But I know there are a few of you who've seen me before out on the field, and brushed it off as your memory playing tricks on you or such."

Every ex-soldier frowned at that, knowing this was more than true and not denying it in any way, yet how would this boy know if he wasn't there since they never spoke about it? It didn't add up. Unless...

Other people looked at them, and then at Canada, but none found the will to argue with him after seeing the pure sincerity and honesty buried in his soft, violet eyes that hid behind thin frames. 

He was telling the truth, and he wasn't crazy.

By far, this was the purest way to convince people. Plain honesty and no twisted lies. Yet... Not all of humanity wanted that. Some people lived for lies and façades, some would rather remain in the dark about everything, and some preferred bland truth.

This was merely a sign, one of the many, that humanity would be it's own doom.

The nations knew that.

They knew this world could be thrown into chaos by a few simple words, and brought back up again from the ashes.

Dangerous information in hands of a mortal, and even more so in an immortal's. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I meant by slightly different. Basically, the next few chapters are going to show how the nations convinced some people, and the tactic differ greatly, obviously.

So, for some reason, spell check and such is just not working for this story. Why Wattpad, why? Why won't you point out my typos when I actually need you to?

*Sigh*

Ah well. Also, is anyone else bothered by the spelling of citizen, even though it's correct? Just me? 

So, as always, comment, votes, and reads are highly appreciated, I legit grin like an idiot whenever I see notifications on such things. Hope ya enjoyed this chapter, see you the day after tomorrow!

Ciao~