A Mistake

The end of the world was approaching fast, and no one could prevent it from occurring.

The incident was hidden from the world's eyes by the blindfold that bore the words; 'Natural minor bushfire'. Of course, the truth could not be shielded from the nations, whose worry only increased tenfold. At the brink of war, the slightest wrong move could be the final push, and with being as unpredictable as humans, no experience or expertise could ever be enough.

The nations wished for a waiting game, yet received none, only more destruction. It was almost as though the humans were testing the waters, much like a small child that pesters their mother by overstepping boundaries, wondering when she would finally snap.

The first to snap of the nations was America.

After the untimely death of a million citizens due to constant attacks, he moved the nations' chess piece without consulting them. He rounded on his own government, intending on completely controlling them, free country or not.

How? Quite simply technology, in fact. He had received some assistance from Japan, though whether the Asian country was keen on the matter was irrelevant. The technology was so small, it was barely noticeable. Tracking chips. If anyone implanted with them decided to go and commit deeds they were not supposed to, an electric jolt would be delivered to the heart, rendering the misdoer dead.

Now, in this specific situation, who is in the wrong?

The question seems to have no solid, accurate answer, everyone's opinions varying greatly. Was this rash, anger-driven, human-like decision a mistake? Why, yes, it was, for now, the opposing government had some proof and a method of appealing to the citizens over the nations, which brings us to the reasoning of why one must not execute a foolish decision as such, then discuss it with France with an air of causality.

"Amerique..." France began in a dangerously low tone, causing the addressed nation to wince, realising that if France was angry with him, then perhaps he had, in some sorts, done the wrong deed. "Do you realise what you have just done? You're putting not just yourself, but the world at stake. The government will present this information to the citizens on their own silver platter. We won't just be back where we started, we'll be even lower! Of course, I am not even mentioning the fact that what you have now is no longer a free country."

With every word, France's voice rose, anger swirling in his indigo eyes more violently. America shrank back from the now livid Frenchman. He had seen England mad so many times, it barely affected him any longre, but France, he was always so calm, understanding, optimistic and smiling. This was new and unnerving.

"You are an absolute idiot, mon Dieu!" The words were tainted with disdain, making them so much worse than every other time someone uttered them. Without realising it, America had backed up against the wall of the sitting room, despite France's lack of physical advance.

Then, just as rapidly as the fit of rage had come over him, it faded as his expression softened, and France visibly caved in on himself, regret replacing the anger on his features. "Je suis desolé, Amerique. I did not mean to lash out like that at you, but I do hope you realise how foolish what you did was."

America let out a breath he did not know he was holding, nodding rapidly. A ghost of a regretful settled on France's lips. "I'm sorry, I was just so stressed from everything that had happened, and I took it out on you." He apologised, and the latter let out a laugh, but it was shaky. "No dude, it's okay! Everything's cool between us!" He exclaimed, but the older stared at him in blunt disbelief.

One sentence ran through America's mind as he tried to force his characteristic grin onto his features; Do not piss off France. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gosh, there were so many typos in this one, did I type it out half asleep or something? Honestly, I am half asleep now, but still type normally so far, what was wrong with me that day? Ah, whatever.

Anyways, thought I'd give some interaction between France and America, of which there isn't usually enough unless it's FrUS, which I personally don't ship. Hence, this chapter came into existence, plus I wanted to show that France is also actually dangerous to anger, and he could've gone further, and probably would've if it wasn't America, Canada, England, or any of his family and close friends.

I am excited to post the next chapter, which is focused on Gilbert! Thought y'all should know what to expect, at least slightly.

Now.

Comments.

Reads.

Votes.

I don't know why I still mention them.

It's a tradition, I guess.

Still highly appreciated, nothing changed there.

But yeah.

Ciao till the day after tomorrow~!