12. To Belgravia and beyond

"Get yourself to Victoria Station in London. Then it is a simple underground journey to Sloane Square. I'll meet you there. Just let me know what time you will arrive when you reply to this letter."

I read over Blaise's very minimal instructions as my leg bounces with excitement. I look out of the car window as I watch the traffic fly past and hold Moody in his transport bag on my lap. My uncle mutters about Londoners and their "bloody violent driving" as he swerves from lane to lane.

Finally after fifty minutes of my uncles dangerous driving he pulls up outside of Victoria Station yelling at me to get out of the car quickly "before I get a bloody ticket which you certainly won't be paying for you useless ape".

I jump out onto the curb with Moodys bag in my good hand and my trunk lying at my feet. I watch as my uncle drives away without a backwards glance and take deep breaths as I struggle to pick up my trunk due to my new arm cast.

I follow the large signs and finally make my way onto the underground platform of the circle line. I hop into the tube that is going towards Notting Hill and manage to awkwardly fit myself and my trunk into a corner mostly keeping out of the way. I relish at this new found sense of independence, at just twelve years old here I am on the underground train in London all one heading towards my friends house.

I stumble out at Sloane Square and peer through the crowd of business people and tourists looking for Blaise's familiar face. Finally through a group of German tourists who are standing around holding yellow flags my eyes land on the dark smooth features of Blaise Zabini. He is stood leaning against a brick wall looking down at the ground, many girls walking past him are staring but he isn't aware or he simply pretends not to notice.

The sunlight hits his sharp cheekbones making them even more pronounced and his long eyelashes leave shadows on his cheeks. I walk over to him smiling from ear to ear just happy to see my friend again, when I am no more than two metres away Blaise looks up almost instinctively and his dark eyes meet my light ones. His face breaks into a smirk and he opens his arms wide for me as I run into them laughing. I drop my trunk down next to us and Moodys bag lands beside it as I throw my arms around my best friends neck.

Blaise chuckles and lifts me slightly hugging me tightly "I am so glad to see you Angelica" his voice whispers into my ear.

I laugh and tighten my arms around him. It is so nice to have a piece of Hogwarts with me right now.

"So this is it" Blaise and I stop walking down the scenic road and stop outside a row of large houses. The tall white structures hang over us with their large front doors and pillars surrounding them. My mouth drops open and I can't help but stare at the amazing historic looking mansion sized houses in front of me.

"This is amazing" I whisper out in complete awe of my best friends lifestyle. Blaise merely laughs and carries my trunk up to the front door for me, his hand presses on the door knob and a slight sheen drops from the door so faint that it was hardly noticeable.

The door swings wide open without Blaise having to move and he steps aside allowing me to enter first "magic lock" he explains to me seeing the confusion on my face "it saves having to take keys out with you all of the time. It's a spell that allows you to enter if you have been allowed entrance before so now it will work for you."

I nod my head at my friend and step into the impressive foyer. Dark green wallpaper lines the hallway and expensive furniture and flowers are fitted against the walls. Mahogany wood sits under my feet stretching further into the large house and continues up the large winding staircase. Blaise places my trunk next to the door and I place Moodys bag next to it opening it to allow him to wander out if he pleases. Blaise leads us down the hallway and to the back of the house where we step out in to a magnificent glass conservatory. Green velvet arm chairs sit facing out into the garden and a thick rug lays over the wooden floors. My eyes scan the room taking in the old looking books and the interesting looking plants when a woman's voice breaks my wonderment.

"Blaise mon cheri is that you?" An angelic voice fills the room and my eyes dart to the armchair in which it came from.

A tall woman unfolds herself from the chair and turns to face us, her dark skin gleams in the sunlight coming in through the roof of the conservatory. Her hair falls around her face in elaborate and large curls, her dark eyes search my face in interest. She is draped in a silk gown that falls as if made from water, her neck is adorned in large jewels and her long delicate fingers each hold a large ring with a different gemstone of some kind.

"Ah and this must be Angelica Potter n'est-ce pas?" She addresses Blaise but does not break eye contact with me.

Blaise walks further towards his mother "yes mother this is her. She just arrived so I thought I'd bring her in to say hello."

Her mother finally breaks eye contact with me and looks towards her son "je vois, I see."

Blaise looks towards me and rolls his eyes "you have to forgive my mother she will continue to talk to French every now and then."

His mother glides over towards her son and places a delicate hand on his shoulder as she looks over at me with a slight smile on her face "ah but who can blame me oui?"
Her voice is thick with a French accent "everything sounds better in French non?"

I nod non verbally back at the intimidating woman too scared to open my mouth in fear that nothing will come out.

"Well mon cheri je m'appelle Océane. If you need anything just summon a house elf or ask my beauté of a son here. They will he happy to help you with anything you desire." She goes to walk out of the room offering me one last smile.

"Y-your home" I stutter out stopping her in her tracks as she looks at me in shock "your home is beautiful. I've never seen such an amazing house before, you must be very proud. " I manage to get out.

She throws her head back in laughter and the musical sound fills the room "everything in my life is beautiful" she chuckles her eyes bright with humour as she gazes at me "I never understood the point of having ugly things. They bring me no joy."

She turns again and walks out of the room stopping one last time to look back at me "as for the house C'était un cadeau." She winks at me and with that leaves the room.

I turn to Blaise with an eyebrow raised waiting for him to translate what his mother just said. He looks at me and shakes his head "she said it was a gift".

"But you told me it was her husbands house in your letter" I question him starting to feel uneasy.

Blaise simply laughs "yes it was. However when he died in mysterious circumstances it was gifted to my mother along with the rest of his fortune." My mouth is now wide open looking at my best friend in shock.

He smiles at my reaction "don't be so shocked Angelica. You should have seen the vast amount of things she was left by husband number three."

I swallow "what number is she up to now?"

"She just finished off with husband number six" my best friend answers casually throwing himself down onto a velvet arm chair "he drowned whilst on their honeymoon together. Very mysterious."

He chuckles again and winks his dark brown eye at me.