40. Second Male Lead?

Adailia's POV

I heard someone calling my name as I struggled to open my eyes.

"...please."

......Please what?

I again felt a light tap on my cheek.

"Wake up."

Oh okay.

I opened my eyes to see a wet Raashid.

Wait....wet?

I blinked a few times as my eyes trailed down from his wet hair to his white plaid shirt clinging to his body showing his well-defined muscles.

Oh my (not at all) innocent eyes...

But wait...why is he the one who is wet?

Wasn't it me who was tossed into the lake?

I slowly got up. I wasn't feeling cold, rather, I wasn't wet at all....until Raashid engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug, his cold wet clothes brushing against my dry one's.

"Thank God!" He sighed heavily, "I am so happy...so happy that you're a-alive." His voice cracked at the end as he placed his wet forehead on my shoulder.

Those words did something to me.

"Me too." I whispered, hugging him back tightly.

I was glad I was alive.

In the beginning, I didn't want to live in this world. I wanted to go back to my own world, where I had a family, friends and a cozy apartment.

But now, I have them in this world too.

While I was getting engulfed by the cold darkness of the water, I realised that I still had to see Aiden get married. Mother and Father wanted the wedding to be on an island so we were going on a short trip two weeks later to see how it really was. I was really excited about that. Then there was our fujoshi club where a new member joined just yesterday. And I just started enjoying Raashid's company, Mari's indifferent attitude and Caiden's weird jokes.

And then all this fun just had to be ruined.

"Get off of her. You're gonna make her clothes wet." Mari said, snapping me out of my thoughts as Raashid pulled away, looking at me with frantic eyes.

"Who did that you?" He asked as his indigo eyes just turned a shade darker.

"What?" I asked.

"This!" He snapped and untied the rope around my arms in a swift motion.

"Oh.." I mumbled as Mari untied the ones near my ankles.

"Who was it?" Mari asked, looking equally disturbed.

"Umm...Raashid, you should probably go change or something. It's really cold here." I said, avoiding the question.

"No. I'm fine. We have more important things at -", "How come I'm not wet?" I asked quickly as Mari replied, "I used magic."

"Oh wow. That's pretty cool. You should probably use the same magic on Raashid. Wouldn't want the Crown Prince of Obelia to suffer from a cold." And just when I said that, Raashid sneezed.

Sighing, Mari said, "Stand up." Raashid obeyed and Mari muttered something, his hands stretched and then the next second, a silver magic circle opened and a gust of strong wind passed through Raashid, making him stumble sideways, his eyes wide with shock.

"Done." Mari muttered as Raashid stared at him in shock, his hair looking like they were gelled sideways.

"What the hell Mari?" He muttered, while Mari just shrugged saying, "Well, you're dry now. So Adailia-"

Being a Villainess is No JokeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara