48. A Failed Matchmaker

Disclaimer: This part contains trigger.

I....was not expecting that answer.

My mind blanked, not knowing what to say.

After debating for a few moments, I finally asked, "Why....?"

Raashid had a sad smile on his lips as he stared at his feet, "Well, it wasn't a great life...at all. I don't remember much but I was an orphan and my adoptive parents died a few years after taking me in due to natural causes. My stepbrother hated me and spread rumours about me throughout the school.....about how I murdered his parents and got out of it and other nonsense. People obviously believed those rumours and I used to get bullied and beaten on daily basis. Some even sent me messages telling me to kill myself..... that I don't deserve to live. And.... at some point of time, I think I was sixteen, when...... I just couldn't take it anymore." He said.

I stared at him for a moment, trying to figure out how to take his sadness away.

Talk about something that can make him feel better. Try changing the topic before it becomes more depressing for him.

My conscience told me, so I did, "So...what was your name in your previous life?"

You stupid fuck! Get away from all these reincarnation topics! It's fucking depressing for him.

Raashid chuckled, a sad one, "Well, I don't remember that either. Anybody rarely called me by my name... I was pathetic. Weak an-", "Stop!" I cut him off, taking his cheeks in my hands and squishing it as I stared at his indigo eyes with an intense look in mine  "I only asked you your name so you could ask mine. So please don't get depressed. I don't like to see you this sad." I whispered, though he wasn't the only one getting depressed.

Raashid looked at me and his eyes turned a normal shade as he asked, "Ah, Okay, what's your name?"

I smiled, letting go of his cheeks, "Choi Haeun."

He looked at me with a growing smile but his eyebrows drew closer, making a face that said, 'Its a weird name but let's not judge'.

"Okay. Do you want me to call you by your name?" He asked and I happily nodded.

"So, Choi, which country were you from?" He asked me.

"Korea and my first name is Haeun. Choi is my last name." I corrected him.

He frowned, "Then why would you say your name like that?"

I frowned too, "Well, that's ho-", before I could finish my sentence Ajhussi popped up out of thin air.

"So I hope you guys have drained in the info cause I can't be any more pati- wait....did you guys kiss?"

"No." I replied and at the same time Raashid asked, "How do you know?!"

I smacked him hard on his back with my good hand and glared at him, while Ajhussi had a shit-eating grin on his face.

"My ship is sailing! Yay!" He cheered, snapping his fingers and two party poppers burst upon the two of us sprinkling confetti and glitter all over our hair.

"Fuck! I'll have to wash my hair now!" I grumbled as I tried getting all the decorations of my hair with Raashid's help as he asked, "Why are we talking about ships now?"

"Ship.....as in a human ship. Like when you want two people to end up in a relationship....You ship them....." I tried explaining but he looked even more confused now.

So I just left him at that and looked at Ajhussi with a questioning gaze as he announced, "Raashid X Adailia is my ship! Obviously." He said rolling his eyes.