╰ • six • ╮

Micah walked into the fire station with a duffel bag resting on her shoulder, nerves on high alert. She was met on the sides of the engines by her brother and Bobby.

Evan wrapped her in a tight embrace wearing a warm and bright smile. Bobby just stood to the side watching the exchange like a proud father.

"This isn't even a for sure thing, E. I still have a full year of probation." Micah reminds her brother.

"It'll go by faster than you think. And 8m sure you'll do great." Bobby reassures after Buck lets Micah go and she hugs Bobby.

"I hope so." She admits nervously before walking away from the two going to the girls lockers to change.

"Hey!" Hen exclaims when Micah walks in. "Are you ready for today?"

"Yeah!" She drops her bag into a locker with her name on it and looked back at Hen as she changed her shoes. "Kinda. I'm nervous as hell, honestly."

"You'll do great, Micah. Besides we've all got your back." Hen says patting her shoulder as she buttoned up her shirt.

"Thanks, Hen."

"Anytime, Buckley."

The two walked out if the girls changing room and upstairs. She stood next to the island next to her brother and Chim as they watched Bobby cook lunch. Eddie walked in shortly after and saw her talking with the three. He smiled at the sight of her fitting into the group already. He walked over to the fridge and grabbed a water catching everyone's attention.

"Morning everyone." Eddie says turning toward the group.

He got replies from everyone and he winked at Micah earning a small smile from her. Hen saw the interaction between the two of them from where she sat at the table and grinned to herself.

Evan noticed too and visibly cringed at the sight of them. Micah caught her brother and lightly kicked his leg under the table. "Come on, I want to talk to you really quick." She said walking away from the group.

"What'd you do now?" Chimney questioned as Buck stood up and walked behind his sister.

The two Buckley siblings walked down the stairs, standing between the fire engines. They leaned against one and Micah cocked a questioning brow at Evan.

"What was that all about?" She voiced crossing her arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He replied giving her a shrug acting dumb.

"Yes, you do. I saw it. I'm sure everyone else did too, Buck." She said trying to make herself feel and look smaller next to her brother. "I thought you were okay with whatever this between me and him."

"I am." He defended.

"Then what was that?"

"I want you to be happy. I do. But I'm not sure if you two should be in the same house just in case your feelings get in the way."

"Evan, I've been home for almost six months, and now your worried about feelings? You make me sound girlier than I am. And either way you look at this, just remember it was your idea." Micah spoke.

"That's not what I meant, Michelle. You know it isn't. I just would like for you two to be careful while we're working. That's all." Buck said using her birth name. Something he did only when he was being as serious as the dead.

"And I'm just saying, you're worried about me being in this house because of people and feelings, the thing I'd be kicked out for is because of our genealogy. Not because Eddie and I are talking."

"Michelle, take this seriously. I'm being for real." Buck sighed, stressfully rubbing a hand on the side of his face.

"Same, Evan! And you know I'm right." She spoke her voice lowering in tone as she began to get worked up. "What's the chance I'm transferred to another house not because of whatever is happening between me and Eddie, but because your my brother?" She asked, her voice calm as she spoke.

"It's a rule in the military that you can't serve in the same branch as a relative. What's to say it's not the same rule here?" She questioned making a point.

Her brother inhaled and exhaled sharply and nodded his head. For now he would drop the topic. At least for the remainder of their shift that is.

Then he would be at her front door, as soon as he dropped everything he didn't need off at his apartment, asking her as many questions as he could think of. Grilling her into telling him the truth and actually trying to see if she meant well with his best friend and vice versa.

Checking to make sure he did his brotherly duties, that his sister would be safe with Eddie, which he knew she would be. That was his one main job in life. Making sure his sisters were doing okay and were staying safe on their own.

Even if Micah was the only one younger than him. But he knew with Doug in and out of Maddie's life, he had to step it up a bit and keep an eye out for the eldest Buckley a little more. And now that Micah was back home, it would be easier to do so with her help.

****

T

he most memorable moment for Micah during her first week on the job, had to have been watching the entire fire house get dosed after a call to an eating competition. And that alone told her to keep her distance from the homemade goods that were brought in as "thank you's" to the men and women in the house.

She had to be called in on her day off just to try and get a handle on Evan alone. Chimney had called her worried about the older Buckley sibling. They were on their way to the call when the effects hit the guys in the truck.

Bobby had been found by Athena standing on the roofs ledge when she had shown up after receiving a worry call from someone there at the station. She had barely gotten him talked down when she was able to get a hold on him and pull him to her. Further away from the edge.

And now Buck, Chimney, and Micah were walking into a bar. The three of them going out for drinks, Chims way of getting to know their new teammate. The bar was crowded to say the least making Micah sigh heavily at the sight.

"So Micah." Chimney questions catching her attention."How are you liking LA so far?"

"Really well actually. At least so far anyways. I haven't had a reason not to enjoy it yet. Everyone's been pretty nice, so we're doing will enough." Micah replied as the waitress walked up to their table.

They took their order and as the woman walked away Chimney called her back to them. "We'll also take a Chardonnay." Glacing at the two sitting across from him, seeing the weird looks they were giving him. "It's for Maddie. She's parking."

"Oh my god." Micah chuckled to herself as Buck looked disgusted.

"You guys are actually like dating." Buck muttered to their table making Micah laugh lightly at the sight of her brother.

"No. Just hanging out as friends." Chimney tried to clear up, this only caused Micah to shake her head.

"No, I think Buck's right. She's told me you two have been hanging out more now that's she's gotten her apartment, and you know her go to. If you aren't dating, you're extremely close to it." Micah voiced her thoughts to Chimney.

He sighed choosing not to say anything else about it. Mainly because neither he or Maddie had brought it up in conversation as to what was happening between them. Either way Chimney knew Buck and Micah would be happy for them. Even if Buck wasn't crazy about the idea just yet.

*~°Ω°~*

A/N:

Okay! So, as you can see this is just a little filler chapter. This is just to keep you guys until I write the next chapter.

Love you guys and thank you so much for nearly 4k reads! It means everything.

- Jacey