Chapter Nine

Jeger snapped her fingers at the Silver phantom, a smile on her face. The dragon lunged forwards with as much speed as a Speed Stinger, red and white scales glinting in the morning light. Its sharp teeth were bared in a nasty grin, ready to slice. None of you had time to react, you hadn't thought Phantoms could move at such a speed. In moments it was only inches away, and in another moment it had reared up and flung its head back, trying to rid itself of the grey Terrible Terror that was clinging over its eyes and screeching so it couldn't hear. The two hunters who had had a hold of the elder were now left with her staff and a confused expression, but no Gothi. 
    Without thinking you Shifted to your hybrid form, dragon instincts prevailing. If you had to fight to protect, then you would. 
    Hiccup grabbed your arm and towed you back, clambering on to the flight ready Night Fury while still holding onto you. You growled and climbed up after him, shaking his hand away as Toothless fired a warning blast at the Phantom's feet. Through the screeching of the red and white dragon you heard a cracked voice yelling for you to go, to fly. Toothless shot straight up, his wings whacking the ground and raising a cloud of sand in their wake. You looked down just before the clouds swallowed you and saw the Terror darting from person to person, dragon to dragon, confusing them with her speed. You drifted in the cloud, tense, alert, almost certain that the hunters would be on you any moment. You nearly fell off of the Fury when Gothi emerged from the light greyishness, her wooden staff in her claws. It was longer than her and must have been heavy for such a small dragon. In silence you all glided along in the cloud, away from the Dragonblood hunters. Away from the familiar Jeger. 
    You must have gone a mile out when suddenly Toothless and Gothi dove sharply down. You hung on to Hiccup's shoulders and tucked your wings close to your body, watching the sea approaching all too quickly. With expert skill the dragon and Dragonblood swerved up and followed the shape of the waves, spray splattering your face with salty droplets of water. You blinked them away and spied the other side of Dark Deep ahead, growing with every wingbeat. You leaned close to the Chief so he would be able to hear you over the roar of the wind and ocean. ‘What are we doing?’
    Hiccup called back to you, his words flying over his shoulder. ‘We're going to follow them.’