Chapter 34:the one with babysitting

Chris P.O.V

The moment I entered my company, my mood was spoiled. Whomever person I was asking to give me something had his/her excuses. Presentation was not ready, reports were incomplete and what not.

I called my P.A in my cabin. She was a fresh graduate from NYU. She is very efficient. My earlier P.A Mrs Jones wanted to leave to take care of her ailing husband so I had to hire her. Her name is  Amber Green.

"Mr. Knight how can I help you?"

"Amber what about todays meeting with Mr. Matthew?"

"That sir is cancelled. Mr Matthew's secretary just called in that he is sick today. They will let us know the future scheduled dates."

"Great just great." I said in annoyed tone.

"What about the report on sales which I told you to give me?"

"Sir that isnt complete yet and...."

"Why are you even standing here huh? This is what they taught you in NYU, not completing the deadlines. Or this is your special way of working. I have such inefficient employees in my company."

"Mr. Knight if you had let me finish my sentence it would have occured to you that the report you are demanding is to be submitted two days later. So how can you demand it today?"

Realization struck me. Shit. I am venting anger of others on her.

"I am sorry Amber. You may go. Just bring me my coffee."

"Sure sir."

"Wait wait." I motioned her with my hand.

"Yes sir?"

"Send Dylan to my office with marketing strategy report I told him to write."

"Sure sir. Anything else sir?"

"No you may go."

After few minutes, Dylan employee of Marketing department entered.

"Good afternoon Mr. Knight. You called for me?"

"Yes. Give me the strategy report."

"Sir, t-that isnt c-complete yet. But give me...."

"Shut up Dylan. I clearly remember that the report deadline was today. Why the hell is it not complete?" I shouted.

He didnt say a word.

"Okay then I will do the talking. You are fired Dylan."

"Sir please dont do this. Sir give me one day I will complete it."

"Get out of my company before I call security to do the honours."

He left after hearing that. I am soft person when I am with family and friends but in company I am very ruthless. I need the job to be done perfectly and on time.

My phone rang, it was Emily.

"Hey Chris."

"Em." I breathed.

"What happened you seemed tired?" She asked.

"Yeah just office mess."

"Okay, how about I come to your company for lunch?"

"That sounds perfect Em."

"Great I will be there in an hour."

"Love you bye."

"Love you."

And we hung up.

Just then I was about to call someone else to fire them, someone knocked the door.