Chapter 4

What do I do now? should I go? should I stay? I had no idea what to do and what not to, I saw my only home destroyed in a flash. I had no hope how my life would go on. I was miserable, I sat propped against a tree, the tree was tall it reminded me of our home on Earth before Vordox, going into a flash back. I saw that I was in our back yard with my family Holly (my ex-wife) and Emily. Emily was about 1 year old she was sitting next to Holly's feet on the balcony, playing with her favorite colored play dough, trying to get up. She grabbed Holly's dress tightly, I still remember the sun yellow color of the dress Holly was wearing. Emily tried getting up on her feet she was about to take her first step. She got up all disbalanced on her wobbly knees and the pink little dress she wore with the blue hairband. She tried getting up and come walking towards me. She had just taken her 1st step. I jumped from my chair and knelt to the ground calling Emily to me, but she almost fell. I caught her right before she fell. I came back to my senses the flash back was over. Realizing that I have a daughter, for whom I always have to be by her side, to be there whenever she falls, to help her up. I stood up on my feet, wobbly the same way she was. Took a deep breath and turned towards the forest.

Standing there with the collapsed base. I had no hope that I would be able to send SOS signals to mars and warn the WWO's. So, I thought rather to move on, I took out the map from the strap, laid it on the ground, then took out the pencil from the note book which Alison gave to me. I checked the notebook it was all blank not a single word written on it. I flipped it over to keep it inside my bag. Then I saw on the back it read in dark grey letters "journal" I understood why Alison gave the notebook to me. It was for writing down my experiences and use it as a travel journal and other small details. I started drawing on the map, a way so that I can reach the Chinese base. Which had passed through Austria, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and all the way to China. I was all set I took the compass out of the strap ripping some cloth of the strap it was yet attached to my strap with a strip of cloth. Tapped it and this time it worked. The hologram showed that I was facing north east, the same direction I needed to go. I rolled the map and pushed it back in the strap. I took out a hand gun and put it in the back of my pants and I held on to the other. I tied a cloth around my calve it was bleeding. I guess I got nagged by the fence while I was jumping and I set off for my journey.