Chapter 17

As soon as we entered the room, they all looked at us, but then broke eye contact. Isabel and I separated I went to the upper portion of the room and she was below me. I looked at her. She didn't see me up there but I was looking at her, she seemed worriless. The sirens had stopped. There were no rockets to take us to mars and stop them and no means of communication. My daughter was stuck up there we had no way of getting there. I looked again at Isabel she wasn't disturbed. Something was wrong with Isabel. she was acting weird. I suddenly out of nowhere took the gun out of a guard's pocket and pointed it at Isabel yelling, "what do you want? I know you're involved with this you're a part of the WWO's. What are they giving you?" everyone stood up with a gasp. No one ever thought that I would point a gun at Isabel they thought we were a team... well for a long time I thought that too. They stepped away from us. She turned towards me confused and said, "you've known me for soo long how can you suspect me?" "I know but it doesn't make sense. This is the only explanation. Before I had met you, I had encountered none of the infected but as soon as I met you, they didn't back off it was like they were being called to us." "that makes no sense you think that I was sending some signals to the WWO's and they were sending the infected to us? After all this time it's come to this?" "no Isabel. You knew I was coming that day. The WWO's told you that I was coming. So, you prepared that extra batch of vaccine. Met me the exact place in the forest" Walking towards her I said, "You knew I was coming why did "you" make the extra "guest room" in your home when you know you live alone. Because the WWO's made it as a bait for me. How did you know that I was in the forest and you came to the exact position where I was. The exact place and why did you have that extra boots or the room or the night vision goggles? Huh? How? You lived alone so why did you have another. Tell me you aren't a part of them" she was getting emotional her eyes were getting wet she was about to burst into tears when she said, "I made it for my sister we used to live together. She was my everything. The day you showed up she had left the base to bring supplies but she forgot to take her vaccine and when I remembered that I had forgot to give her the vaccine. She had already left. I was praying to God but I guess my prayers didn't work" she was crying desperately, I tried comforting her but she pushed me away and said, "no wait you need to listen to everything. She was out there, somewhere. Her tracker showed me where she was and when I followed it. It led me to you. You were standing in the woods and you heard the footstep behind you? Remember? That was my sister. I came for her but I found you instead. The extra stuff you used was hers and not yours. The boots, the room, the night vision goggles. All was hers I never knew you'd come into my life like this and be a huge part of it. Now that I had lost my sister, I followed you because I didn't want to live alone and die someday with no one by my side. So, I stuck with you. That day when I was taken behind the bushes and you came to save me. She was crawling up my legs it was her you flashed light on my face. That reminded her who I was so she ran away and didn't hurt me because she was my sister. That was the reason why I was shocked all day thinking about the possibility of that happening" she was sobbing I came close to her dropped the weapon. I had one last thing in mind I asked, "then why did you stop for me? Why didn't you go after your sister but instead helped me?" "because Harison sometimes in life there are tough decisions and stands but you got to take your own responsibility and make the decision I know sometimes they won't be the right one but it will always be worth it" "I also lied about me having a fiancé. I didn't have a fiancé, but I didn't lie about my family." Something struck me from nowhere I was mad at her for lying. I said something which I still regret till this date, "can I even trust you anymore? After all these lies about your fiancé. What else do I not know which is a lie" "what are you saying Harison I told you everything" "I feel like I can't even trust you" maybe I was overwhelmed and said things which were rude. She looked into my eyes seeing how bad of a decision I had made, "You. You don't trust me? After all this time this is how it's come to end? I don't think I can do this much longer. Goodbye. I had fun, all the memories we had but I hope for your success and your daughter to be safe."