Part 3

Luisita POV
I never stopped loving Amelia. That night she left me in the car in utter shock. I didn't know what to do in that moment. The driver woke me up from my stupor. The only thing I could think of was just going home. The whole ride home I kept going over our conversation in my head. I don't even know how I made it the apartment door. As I start to open the door I feel this slight hope that once I walk through Amelia would be there. I walk into complete darkness. I feel this tightness in my chest and I let out this sob. I push the door close with my back and slump to the floor. I can't even think about sleeping in my bed. I can barely get the energy to get back up. I drag myself to the couch and lie down. I try to catch my breath through the tears. This heartache hurts my whole being. I cried myself to sleep that night.
I'm alone, totally alone.
It was hard to wake up the following morning not next to her. I hear my phone go off and I wipe my tears away to read the message. "I'm okay. I'll be staying with Maria and Ignacio." All I could think is that's it a stupid text message.
So, we decided to just do our own thing. I spent my time going out with other friends and just kept myself busy so I wasn't thinking of Amelia all the time. Maria and Ignacio offered Amelia a room.