Part 5

Luisita POV
Amelia wanted to stop by the apartment to pick up the last of her things. I mentioned to her that I was going to Sergei's party and she could stop by before I left. I knew as soon as she came over she'd be completely out of the apartment. That I wouldn't be haunted by the memories of her. The few things that were left behind was this yellow sweater. It was hung over the couch and I never once moved it.  As soon as I sit down on the couch, I think about the conversation we had that day and how much we laughed about my obsession with the novela. I couldn't help but fangirl all over Lurelia. It drove her crazy but she eventually gave in and fell in love with the characters too. The obsession came from loving these characters. They were two women madly in love with each other. There were always obstacles trying to keep them apart. Whether it being a person or the law. These girls were unstoppable. This series was one that I could actually watch and relate to. I could turn on the tv and be able to identify with a character who felt what I felt. To love whomever, I want to. I even made my own fan page. I don't think I would have stumbled onto the series if it wasn't for the posts on twitter. Fans alike would post little snippets of scenes and I got hooked. I came to find out the series had been out for a while. I enjoyed it and couldn't get enough of it. I also knew that it would be censored in some type of way. There have been other shows I would watch and the same sex couple would either break up or be written off. I just knew that I couldn't let this happen to them. The episode that got me and Amelia was when Lurelia had come to their wedding night. Both of us glued to the screen and hoping that they would finally consummate their marriage and only to be met with a commercial. We were disappointed but we realized that we couldn't be stopped to enjoy ourselves that night.