𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 33 - Cigarettes Before Heart-to-Heart

ROSÉ

I never expected to see Lisa like that, not even in my wildest dreams. It was the first time she spoke in that manner. Jennie, on the other hand, is now blaming herself for Lisa's actions. Jisoo came to her side and began comforting her. I can't just forget what Lisa did tonight. I need to speak with her.

"Baby, where are you going?" Jisoo asked as she noticed me standing up in my seat and about to leave.

"I'm going to speak with her." I said.

"No, what if she gets mad at you? Let her be alone for now." Jisoo said sternly.

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing," I said solemnly.

"But baby-" Jisoo is speaking when Jennie interrupts her.

"Let her talk to Lisa, unnie." Jennie said to Jisoo before turning to face me, "Rosie, please, I know she needed someone to talk to right now."

"I know, Jen. Just give us a couple of minutes, and if anything bad happens, I'll call the two of you right away." I said, and she nodded before I left the two of them.

I was walking outside the restaurant when I noticed Lisa in the parking lot. She was leaning on her car, so I walked right up to her, and she didn't notice my arrival. My eyes widened when I noticed she was holding a cigarette. She had just lit it and was about to take a puff when I grabbed it from her.

"Who the f*ck! Rosie? Give it back to me. Promise, I'll only take one stick. Don't throw it away, please." She begs. Instead of tossing the cigarette, I suddenly take a puff. Her eyes widened when she saw what I did. I returned it to her and leaned against the car beside her. She was still looking at me when I snapped my fingers on her face.

"Don't look at me like I just murdered someone." I told her.

"Well, I'm just surprised. It's my first time seeing a chipmunk smoking." She said, taking a puff of her cigarette.

"Shut up, monkey." I said and rolled my eyes at her. She smirked at me after blowing out a smoke. I guess she's opening up now because she starts to tease me. "Where did you get that?" I asked.

"I've got a pack in my car." She continued to smoke.

"I thought you quit smoking." I said.

She scrunch her nose before speaking. "This is a tough week for me, and I can't drink alcohol most of the time, so I rely on this again, but don't worry, I'm only taking a stick when I'm stressed." Lisa said solemnly. Lisa has never been a heavy smoker. She told me before that she only smokes when she is overly stressed in college, but Jennie always chastises her for it. Lisa probably quit smoking because she was tired of being scolded and beaten, not because she wanted to.

"It's still bad for your health, and if Jennie finds out you're smoking again, she'll beat you up."

Oh! My Gosh, I didn't think before I spoke. She abruptly stopped smoking, threw the cigarette to the floor, and stomped on it. I suppose mentioning Jennie's name is a bad idea, but when I look at her, she has a disheartened expression on her face.

"I shouldn't have blurted it all out on her." Lisa says, sitting down on the floor and leaning back against her car.

"Hey, your dress suit is going to get dirty." I said.

"I don't care." She said, pulling my hand to make me sit beside her. I'm glad that I'm wearing jeans right now. I look at her, and she looks preoccupied once more.

"Lalisa, what are you thinking?" I asked.

"I'm feeling guilty and devastated, Rosie. I shouldn't have blurted it all out on her. That is not fair to her. Damn, I'm messed up." She said with tears welling up in her eyes.