𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 56 - Family Affair

ROSÉ

I went straight home after going to the mall because I badly needed to take a nap. Checking and deciding which clothes to buy consumes all of my energy, making me want to hibernate in my room.

When I entered our family mansion, the maids immediately greeted me, but I quickly placed my finger on my lips to tell them to be quiet.

"Shhh, Mommy might hear that I've already returned home." I said quietly, smiling at them. They laughed at me and took the shopping bags from my bodyguard.

"Don't worry, Agassi. Madam is now in the kitchen." One of the maids said.

"Is she cooking now?" I asked.

"Yes, Agassi, Madam is preparing the food for tonight's dinner." She responded politely.

The visitor could be very important because, despite being a chef, she rarely cooks for visitors unless they are important to them. She usually entrust the cooking to the house chef.

"And my sister? Where is she?" I asked, as I don't want to interact with her right now. My ears had already been traumatized by her complaints about her wedding preparations.

"She's in her room with your cousin Agassi." The other maid said, smiling at me.

Nice one, Jihyo, now I can finally nap without worrying about my sister barging into my room, but I pity her because her ears might be bleeding right now as a result of my sister's fussing.

I smiled at the maids and went upstairs to my room. They followed me because they needed to put the shopping bags in there. Then, my lovely and only sister Alice suddenly came out of her room in front of mine just as I was about to open the door to my room. What a lucky day, in irony.

"Rosie, did you go shopping?" Alice unnie asked.

"It's obvious, Unnie." I said, rolling my eyes. I let the maids put the shopping bags inside my room while I'm still outside talking to my precious sister.

"Yah! Park Chaeyoung, don't give me that attitude. Why didn't you invite us to go shopping with you?" She asked with her arms across over her chest. Damn, she's using my Korean name now.

"It never occurred to me, Unnie. I went to Lisa's office this morning, then we had lunch together, and then I decided to buy new clothes for tonight's dinner." I explained. I'm hoping she won't say much more after this. I needed my nap right now.

"You're always with them. Have you gone shopping with your girl friends again? Tell me the truth." She said abruptly, making me surprised. The word girlfriend made my heart race. Did she know about me and Jisoo?

"W-what are you saying, Unnie?" I stutter.

"I'm wondering if you went shopping with your girl friends. Lisa, Jisoo, and Jennie. What's wrong with you? Why are you blabbering?" Unnie asked, scrutinizing me.

"No, I'm not blabbering, Unnie. I-i just misheard your question." I explained.

"Misheard what?" She asked.

"Nothing, Unnie," I said, turning away from her.

"Yah! Rosie, you're unfair. You're always hanging out with them. You even go out of the country with them without a second thought, but why can't you spare a few hours to go shopping or hang out with your own sister, with ME? I'm getting married in a few weeks. Aren't you going to miss me Rosie?" She asked with her eyes welling up with tears

I'm speechless at what she said. Why is she acting this way? Why is she being so dramatic with me? I even accompanied her and her fiancé to Jeju last week for their pre-wedding photo shoot. Gosh! Is she having pre-wedding jitters? Damn, I need to stop her crying before she burst into tears.