Chapter 63

Kimberly's breath hitched at the sight of her father.

"Can you explain to me what is going on here?" Mr. Wright asked with a raised eyebrow, staring directly at his daughter who was a nervous wreck.

Isn't he supposed to be asleep? Kimberly's subconscious said, still finding it difficult to answer her dad's question. She opened her mouth to say something but no words came out.

You can do this Kim. Just tell him the truth. Besides, he knows about their kind so it should be easy. She encouraged herself, finally picking up the courage to speak.

"Dad, um I-I, um. This is Roy, my m-mate."

'Way to go, Kim. That was quite courageous.' She mentally faces palmed.

Mr Wright couldn't believe what he just heard. He could feel his heart shattering into a million pieces from Kimberly's reply. Not once did he ever imagine that this day would come after trying so hard to prevent it from happening for so long.

"What do you mean, Kim?" He asked, pretending not to understand what she was talking about.

"Dad, you don't need to pretend anymore. I know mom was a werewolf," she confessed worsening her dad's fears.

"Sweetheart, you aren't supposed to be with those... Things."

A growl was heard from behind Kimberly. She turned around to see an angry-looking Roy, who was fighting with his wolf.

"Roy, baby. Please let me take care of this," she soothingly said, tracing her thumb on his cheek to calm his wolf. Roy's breathing slowly steadied to Kimberly's relief before she turned back to her dad.

"Thing? Was that what you thought of Mom?" She angrily questioned.

"Your mother was different. She never wanted the kind of life they lived." Mr. Wright defended.

"I don't have a problem with how they live, Dad."

"What did they do to you, Kim?!" He yelled, not liking her reply.

"Nothing, Dad. They did nothing to me other than tell me the truth!" She yelled back, not believing it herself.

This was the first time she was arguing with her dad and to be honest, she wasn't enjoying it. It hurt her to be on a different page with her dad.

Mr Wright stared at his daughter in shock, finding it hard to believe that she just actually yelled at him because of a werewolf.

"Get out of my house!" He hissed, glaring at Roy.

"Dad..."

"Don't you dare utter a word, Kim? This is my house and I have the right to kick him out." He cut her off.

"Get out or I call the cops."

Roy's eyes flickered from grey to yellow, his hands balled in fists as he tried hard to control his wolf. He didn't want to hurt his mate's father even if he felt like teaching him a lesson for speaking to him in such a manner. He felt a hand on his chest, bringing his attention to the figure in front of him. He could tell Kimberly was pleading with her eyes for him not to hurt her dad.

"Please," she muttered, confirming his guess. He took in a deep breath, letting her touch calm his wolf and within minutes, his eyes returned to normal.

"Thank you," she said, her fingers running up and down his arms soothingly.

"Here, take this." he quietly said, handing her a small piece of paper he took from his pocket.

Kimberly stared at the paper in her hand and realized it was the address to the hotel he was staying. She tore her eyes away from the paper to say a proper goodbye but he was already gone.

"You can't do this to me, Dad." She began.

"It's what's best for you, honey"

"That's not true!" She countered, already tearing up.

"I made a promise to your mom that you'd never go into the woods, or know about her kind." Mr Wright explained, finally revealing to Kimberly the reason he was always against her going into the woods.

"That was mom's decision, not mine... Have you for once thought about what I want?!" Kimberly yelled in frustration.

"She was your mother, which means she knew what was best for you. That was her dying wish and I had to keep it... God! Kimberly, those people don't even want to have anything to do with you!" He replied with the same intensity. He hated the fact that his daughter was being stubborn.

"It's the other way around, Dad and you know it." She countered, running her fingers through her locks to control her frustration.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He narrowed his eyes at her, not liking where she was taking the conversation.

"Don't look at me that way, Dad, you know I'm telling the truth... Mom left her kind because she fell in love with you."

"Why are you even defending those people?!" He yelled, getting more angry at his daughter's behavior.

"Because they're my people!" She yelled back and the room fell into an uncomfortable silence.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roy arrived at his hotel suite more broken than the time he was told Kimberly had left the pack. She loved her father too much to go against him, from the little he knew about her. He saw it in her eyes, how conflicted she was to introduce him to her dad, and when it looked like he wanted to attack her dad, he sensed her fear. At that moment, he knew he could never get her back. She was already home with the one man she truly loved.

He couldn't blame her for that, her dad was the one who raised her to be the beautiful woman she is today. He is her first love, her best friend, and the only one who has been there for her over the years. Even if he tried, he could never compete with such a record. His wolf whimpered at the thought and it hurts Roy to feel his wolf go through this much sadness without a solution.

After coming to terms with the fact that he was bound to be mateless, Roy concluded within himself that he would name his beta Elijah the new Alpha of the now Moon pack, the moment he returned to retire himself from every affairs of the pack.

He stood in front of the mirror in his hotel room and stared at his broken self.

"It was worth it while it lasted," he murmured to himself before taking off his shirt to stare at the injury on his torso which was slowly healing. It would've completely healed by now if he hadn't chosen to starve himself.

He was tracing his hand over his injury when suddenly he picked up a scent, but before he could turn around to confirm his suspicion, he felt a small hand over his own with a lightweight against his back.

"Let me take care of that," her enchanting voice said bringing a smile to Roy's face. The only thought that consumed his mind in that moment was...

"MINE"

                     THE END

WOW!
I can't believe this story has finally come to an end
It was fun going through this journey with you guys
Thanks for all your love and support
Please drop your votes and comments and don't forget to recommend this story to your friends and loved ones.
Please check out my new book it's called " Forever Yours"
Bye Lovelies ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️