twenty four

Stella's POV:

FOUR DAYS LATER

I entered the plane and took my seat in the back of the plane with the intent on getting as much sleep as possible.

We were supposed to have a few days off from cases, so we weren't even supposed to take this case, but all the other teams were busy, so we had to be called in.

This case took a toll on everyone. Two words. Human marionettes. That's all I want to say, and that's all I'm going to say.

This case somehow affected Spencer greatly. I don't know if it's because he walked in on the play actually happening, or if it reminded him of something.

If he brings it up, I'll ask. If he doesn't, I'm not going to bother. Spencer took a seat on the couch and is laying down, arms crossing his chest, and he's using his satchel as a pillow.

He was tired. We are all tired. Seeing him sleep was my cue to try and fall asleep as well, so I brought my knees up to my chest and leaned on my hand, and I slowly dozed off.

-

I was awoken by the sun shining through the window of the plane. I checked my watch, and it was about 6 in the morning, and we had about 30 minutes until we landed.

I don't know why we didn't just wait until morning to come home. Why leave so late at night?

Spencer took the seat across from me. "Hey."

I turned my head from the sky to the man in front of me. "Well, good morning sunshine."

He gave a half-smile. "How are you doing? That case was a little rough."

I shrugged. "I guess I'm doing okay. I never actually saw what he did, considering the fact that I wasn't sent to the scene. I only saw pictures. You?"

"I just, I can't get the images out of my head. Usually I don't mind violent images here and there. It comes with the job. But this is just-"

"Different." I cut him off. "He was so mentally insane that he made humans into dolls and performed a play."

"Yeah, that. This was definitely one of the weirdest cases I've ever been on, and I've been on a lot."

I nodded at his response, and we sat in awkward silence for a few minutes. I looked around and saw that everyone else on the plane was asleep, or at least looked asleep.

"So, do you think that we will have to go into the office today?" I ask, trying to create conversation.

Spencer shook his head. "Probably not. We were supposed to have the past few days off and didn't. Hopefully they'll give us today and maybe tomorrow. As much as I love work, I need a break sometimes."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, me too. I'm so sleep deprived. All I want to do is just lay down in my bed and sleep for the entire day."

Spencer opens his mouth to respond, but is cut off by Hotch.

"We are landing in about twenty minutes, and I want everyone to take the day off. We will return back tomorrow, but you don't have to come in until 9."