XVI

ISABELLÁ

ISABELLÁ

I SAT UP FROM MY BUNK rubbing my eyes. I took a deep breath taking in my surroundings. I was so grateful that my group has a roof over our heads now. Especially with Lori due to give birth any minute, a screaming baby out there wouldn't go well. Hell, a screaming baby in here won't go well, I'll be going on lots of walks once this baby is born.

I stood up stretching my arms above my head before bringing them back down. I turned walking straight out of the cell.
My eyes were caught by Daryl, he stood watching me walk towards him before looking me up and frowning. I realised why.
"Shut up" I said while U turning not breaking a stride.
I still am in this fucking flannel with no fucking pants on.

I quickly got changed with my back to the door of the cell once again. I slipped on my shorts before unbuttoning my shirt and dropping in to the floor leaving me in naked on the top half of my body. I examine my bicep on my right arm looking at the scar where one of the men from the supermarket had cut me. It was nicely healed. However I was gaining quite a collection of scars.
I gently ran my fingers over the scar on my side where Daryl has slashed me.

I felt someone's eyes on me, I glanced over my shoulder to see who it was.

Daryl. Of course it was.

He was stood on his perch looking me up and down, while I eyed him smirking. When he made eye contact he instantly went red and looked away.

"Take a picture" I teased while laughing.

I turned back hooking the clasp of my bra before pulling my tank top over my head. I walked over to where my boots were before pulling them on and lacing them up.
"Mornin'" Daryl grumbled as I walked out of my cell pretending nothing had happened.
"Mmhmm" I said smirking at him while I walked past his perch and down the stairs.

As I walked down the to the lower floor I saw everyone preparing for today's run. It was clear to see the group had already eaten breakfast so I must have over laid.
Brill.

"Hey Bella, I saw you weren't here for breakfast so I saved you some" Carl said running up to me with a bowl of food.
"Thank you Carl, you think you can save it for when I come back from today's run?" I said smiling at him.
"Well... I can get Beth to save it for you because I'm coming with you today" he said sternly.
"Your dad okay with that?" I asked a little shocked.
"Well..." he started.
He hadn't even asked his dad. Great.

I looked around to see where Rick was. I couldn't find Rick but I found Lori stood with Hershel talking. Lori looked as if she's been crying.
I looked at her concerned. Her eyes met mine before she gave me a nod trying to reassure me that everything was okay.
I didn't believe her.

Rick walked over to us.
"You wont need that" Rick gestured towards Carl's gun. "I need you to stay"
"You're kidding" Carl said annoyed.
I slowly walked away leaving Rick to deal with Carl. Not my kid. Not my problem.