XXVI

ISABELLÁ

ISABELLÁ

"DARYL?"

I asked still half asleep as I felt a hand brush through the front of my hair. It felt nice, I revelled in this feeling wanting to lay here next to him forever.

"Even better" a voice drawled.
Shit.

I opened my eyes quickly as this was not Daryl's voice. That's because it wasn't Daryl, my eyes were met with a similar looking pair but this face held to toothy grin of Merle Dixon. His was centimetres away from mine as he let out a little chuckle.

I screamed as my heart thumbed against my rib cage. I quickly reached out my arms pushing him away from me while I caught my breathe. Merle let out a classic southern chuckle as he watch the panic drain from me.

"You" I said yelling a little.

"Stupid" I smacked his arm. He raised his arms up in defence as he continued to chuckle.

"Little" I smacked his arm again, he let out a grunt and a little 'ow' but nevertheless continued to laugh.

"Prick" I curled my fingers into fist this time punching him hard in the bicep making sure to leave a bruise.

"You scared the shit out of me" I said pushing both of his shoulders so he fell back down so he was laid on his back.

"What happened?" Daryl asked panicked running round the back of the truck to us.

Merle laid laughing unable to breathe as he looked up to his brother.
I pushed myself to the edge of the trunk before climbing down, "just your brother been a perv"

"What?" Daryl snapped turning his head towards his brother.

"Woah calm down" Merle said holding his arms up in defence.

"Only kidding D. No need to act all... hard" I said smirking at the end giving him a knowing look.

"Shut up" he grumbled.

•~•~•~•

All three of us were gathered around the hood of truck once again studying the map. Daryl let out a long speech about a shitty plan that I'm pretty certain he whipped it out of his ass.

"Son, that dog won't hunt" I said to Daryl in my best southern accent before looking over to Merle giving him a smirk, he was already laughing a little.

"What did ya say?" Daryl ask frowning a little, confused about how I knew Redneck terms.

"That dog won't hunt. We need to come up with a new idea" I repeated trying not to laugh.
He looked over to Merle before looking back to me.

"What the hell Merle?" Daryl asked chuckling a little as he pieced it all together.

"If we gonna be on the road just the three of us, she gotta know the way we speak brother" Merle shrugged back.