Chapter 8

Stuff came out of my mouth, I started crying,
I heard Bucky say" Star? Star!" The lights turned on," Oh, Star... Stevie, get up, Star just puked." I looked at him, he got up and walked to me, I cried louder." Shh, shh, it's okay, it's okay, Star, does your stomach hurt?" He put his hand on my tummy, I nodded my head, I looked down and saw my clothes had the stuff from my mouth on them." Let's get you cleaned up, okay?" He stood up, lifting me up, he carried me to bathroom, and sat me on the counter. He pulled my shirt over my head and threw it into a basket. I sniffled, then stuff came out of my mouth again," Oh! Shh, shh, it's okay." I started crying again, he grabbed a rag and started cleaning me, I sniffled and playing with his fingers.

Bucky's POV
She puked again,
I said" Oh! Shh, shh, it's okay." She started crying again, I shushed her gently as I grabbed the rag next to the sink and wet it before wiping down her torso and chest. I cleaned the puke off her and Steve brought in new pjs, he felt her head.
He said" She's warm." He lifted her up, I took the puke covered pants off her and wiped her legs down, then pulled on a pair of sleeping shorts, and he put her down again. I put a new sleeping shirt on her, she was whimpering.
" Shh, Star, it's okay, it's okay, you'll feel better soon." I lifted her up,
" I cleaned it up." I sighed, nodding my head, I carried Star back to bed and we laid down again. Star whined lowly and cuddled into my chest, before pushing away from me.
I whispered" Should we give her some medicine?"
" Yeah, we stocked up on kid's medicine for her, I'll go get something for the fever and ache." He got up, Star clutched Toy in her arms, whimpering against it. I rubbed her hair, I hated seeing her in pain, I couldn't stand it.
Steve came back in, he crouched next to the bed,
He said" Star, take this, okay? It'll help you." She took the liquid medicine he gave her, then took another. She laid back down, he laid down, she closed her eyes and cuddled into my chest." Tylenol and melatonin, you know she wouldn't go back to sleep." She held onto my metal arm, finally dozing off to sleep, I smiled and kissed her head." This is just gonna get worse for her, you know, these germs..."
" I know... I don't like it."
" We can't keep her in a bubble, Buck, so let's just take this one hour at a time. Keep her hydrated, at least. Make sure it doesn't get any worse than it is now."
" Okay. Yeah." I sighed, rubbing her head gently," I don't want her to be sick." All I could think about was how when Stevie was sick, how bad it got sometimes.
" I know what you're thinking, Buck. And it's a different time, more medicines, more resources."
" You have no idea what I'm thinking, Cap."
" You're thinking about when I'd get sick."
" Shut up."
" She's gonna be okay, we're equipped to take care of whatever illness she may have."
" I know, I know."
" Then stop being so worried, jerk."
" Shut up, punk. Go to sleep."
" As long as you go to sleep too." He looked at me," And first." I closed my eyes, my arm wrapped around Star's small frame, I fell back to sleep instantly.

It's morning, Star woke up 3 more times last night, the three of us were exhausted. Especially Star. The door opened,
Natasha said" You two never sleep this- oh, what happened?"
Steve mumbled" Star puked, at least 7 times last night. Her fever's back, and she's been crying all night. We finally got her to settle an hour ago."
" I'll go to the store and get some supplies."
" Thanks."
" No problem, Steve." She closed the door, quietly, I looked at Steve,
I mumbled" Wanna tell me she's okay, now?"
He mumbled" Shut up." Star jumped up and jumped over Steve to get to the trash bin. She puked again, and started sobbing, we jumped up and walked to her. I wrapped my arms around her body, kissing her head, she stopped puking and slumped against me, sobbing." She's sweating, she's so hot. I'll run her a cold bath." He walked to the bathroom, and I lifted her up into my arms, carrying her into the bathroom. I pulled off her pjs once the bath was full, I gently sat her down in the water. She started shivering,
" Shh, shh, it's okay, this'll help you." I held her in my arms, letting her body be under the water, keeping her head up.
After a few minutes, I pulled her out and wrapped her in a towel, Steve brought in pjs for her. I dried her off and Steve helped me get her dressed, I carried her back to bed. I laid down next to her, letting her cuddle into my chest for warmth.

After a while, Natasha and Clint came in, Steve was quietly reading her a book, while she played with my hair, whimpering.
Clint said" Hey, Star. Remember me?" She looked at him, nodding her head slowly," Come'er." She crawled to the end of the bed, he put a thermometer against her forehead." 100 degrees. When's the last time you gave her some medicine?"
Steve said" An hour ago."
Natasha said" There's soup on the stove, here's some juice and crackers." She put the juice and crackers on the desk," I'll bring the soup in, okay?" Steve and I nodded,
Clint said" She needs to drink, guys, she'll get dehydrated."
I said" She just keeps puking."
" Then give her more, it's getting into her system." I nodded," It looks like the flu, but you know, if she does get worse... you might need to take her to the hospital."
Steve said" We can't explain the metal in her back."
" She needs a pediatrician."
" I know, we will. We'll figure something out if it comes to it." The two walked out, I looked at Steve, he sighed and rubbed her hair back. I grabbed her bottle and poured the juice in, giving it to her, she drank it slowly, listening as Stevie continued reading to her.
Natasha came in with the soup, she sat it on the bedside table and walked out. I grabbed it, sitting up,
I said" Come'er, Star. Let's try and eat, okay?" She nodded, I fed her a spoonful, she ate it, so I kept slowly feeding her, little by little. Once the bowl was empty, I sighed in relief as she didn't gag. She cuddled into my chest again, playing with my hair, I loosely wrapped my arms around her. She moved and laid down between me and Steve, her bottle in her mouth, after a few seconds she started dozing off. I smiled, and took the bottle from her, she sucked on her thumb as she fell asleep again.