16

THIRD POV

"The point is, you want me to investigate Violette?" Caden asked Viola while munching the cookie on his mouth as Viola nodded.

"Yes. Your dukedom is known for its intelligence and to be bold, I want to make us of that. Can I trust you on this?" she asked, seems pretty serious about the conversation after stating the reason why she chose him.

She knows that Caden looked like a nobleman without manner, but the truth is, his intelligence surpassed her even her brothers.

He is a genius mastermind and can gather information all over with small details.

He swallowed down his food as he look at Viola.

"Yeah, trust me on this!" he pointed at himself using his thumb proudly with a broad grin.

"Thank yo-"

"But I want a reward."

Her eyes blinked, confused as she tilt her head to the side.

". . . Eh?"

"Don't worry. It's not a big deal." he shrugged playfully and form a broad grin.

"I want you to give me a brooch and say 'Thank you' from the bottom of your heart! Hahahahaahaha!"

". . . Alright." she smiled nerveously while looking at him even though she's a bit awkward about it.

"Also," he pull her hand gently and kissed it making her eyes widened in surprise. "I'm honoured to complete this task."

". . . Yes, thank you."

-

"It's been a long time since we walked like this." Viola smiled at Astor as they walk around the garden that is specially created for Viola when she turned 12 years old as a birthday gift. "I wonder if we're getting old." she chuckled by her own statement while looking at the beautiful white roses that filled the garden.

". . . Even if Milady is old, I will still like Milady."

Viola's eyes widened in surprise by Astor's statement and her lips form a small smile.

"I will still like you too, Astor." she replied nonetheless as Astor stopped on his tracks after hearing that.

". . . Milady, are you not afraid I will do something to you when we're alone?" he suddenly asked, making Viola turned her head towards Astor who is wearing a serious expression.

"Astor, what do you mean?" she asked while looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm a Gaines. Astor Gaines." he exclaimed, implying his clan name twice as if telling her it's very dangerous.

". . . Astor, you will not hurt me as a Gaines. You also knew that, right?" she asked, trying to reassure him and convince herself.

Astor tilt his head to the side as he let out a sigh and lean closer to Viola.

He pull her hand gently as their face is close with each other.

". . . But I'm also a man."

He exclaimed with a deep voice while staring down into her violet eyes.

"I can do many unpleasant things to Milady right now. Even after that, will Milady still likes me?"

He asked once again as if losing his mind while looking straight into her eyes.

Viola was surprised by the sudden scene, but she still can think rationally through this situation, trying to calm herself down.

". . . Then, do it." Instead of pushing him, she dared him as she smiled warmly at him making his eyes widened in surprise.