31 | END

THIRD POV

"Vio, your cool big brother is going to show you something awesome!"

"Violette, welcome to the family."

"Vio, you have to treasure the ones you love, alright?"

"Viola, It was never your fault."

"You can call me by my first name just like I call you by your first name."

"Thank you for everything."

"Vio, I'm going to teach you basic academic."

"Vio, thinking about your future it's also important."

"Vio! Don't you want to learn about swordsmanship!?"

"Sister! Can you teach me about this!?"

"If you need anything, you can count on me!"

". . . I love you, Viola."

.

.

.

The blood on the floor once flowed in her newborn veins, of one so sacred that her mother would have died that same day to save her this fate.

And so, the lips that said sweet words, the hands that had had gentleness, became greyish and cold.

It was as if her hope had bled out right there on the ground, everything she hoped to become, all that she loved, all the brilliance she would have brought to the world.

However, that girl wished for something before her death that only she and God knows.

-

Upon this battleground there are blindfolds around their hearts and their thoughts are caged by fear.

Glenn wants to crawl over this mud and blood, over the spent shells and the blood and give Viola the kind of hug he gives to those he love.

He wants to hear her dreams and hopes, to tell him of his own, so that they can climb out together and celebrate of what they discovered, him and her.

The battle is inside them. The one to take the blindfold from the heart and to remove the cage from their thoughts.

Glenn jump off from the ground to slash his own flesh, his father. However, the Emperor immediately catches his hand and punch his stomach using his other arm.

The anger that rise inside him cannot made him think straight. He use his full potential but forgot about the brain.

This is his final battle against the Emperor and the Emperor alone. To end the meaningless battle that the Emperor started.

He wants to run to make himself out of the Emperor's side only to be held by the Emperor himself. He put his arm on Glenn's neck, slowly choking him.

The power of the Emperor cannot be defeated by anyone. Because he is the ruler of the Empire and no one can stop him.

"W-why. . . did you d-do this?" he croaked out weakly, trying to save his breath because it's not easy for the air to escape or to enter.

". . . To create peace." her father casually exclaimed, still choking him as Glenn's eyes went wide.

"W-what kind-"

"As long as the Univers family is alive, our Empire won't be at peace. They can crush the Imperial Family anytime. And you being associated with them, must disappear." the Emperor prepare his hand as it forms a sharp blade making Glenn's eyes widened, terrified.