17

THIRD POV

"Milady, you look absolutely beautiful!" the maids who dressed Viola for the Second Prince's birthday praised her endless of how beautiful she is.

"Though the credits goes to all of you. Without you all, I won't be able to look like this." she smiled gently at them and thanking them sincerely making the maids tearing up as they felt like they are completely blessed to serve a lady like Viola.

Viola heard a knock on the door as she asked whoever is that to come in.

Gray entered the room with Viola's permission as he bowed politely. "Milady, Young Master from Alistaire Marquessate sent you this letter." he exclaimed while showing the letter on the small silver tray.

"Huh? Gale did?" Viola asked, confused by the sudden interaction. Surprised that he send a letter out of the blue, especially right before the party.

"I didn't tell anyone about this letter, so Milady can rest assured." he said indicating her troublesome brothers that might get in the way of her friendship.

"Thank you Gray."

"Your welcome Milady."

When Gray left her room, she read the letter Gale sent her.

It is said that he was worried about her and suspicious of Emperor's event that will be hosted days from today. And if anything goes wrong, he'll always be by her side.

She could imagine the blushing Gale writing an embarrassing letter like this to her before thanking him inside her heart.

After all that, they went to the carriage and each have different carriage.

Edward and Viola is with Damon.

And the rest sit with each other.

Carlos is beside Valerian and infront of them is Violette.

The two brothers are dissapointed that they have seperate carriage with Viola.

"That damn old man!" Carlos spat out angrily as he crossed his hands. Valerian just look at the passing trees through the window.

Violette tightens her grip on her dress, trying to start a conversation with the brothers. "Uh. . . may I ask who is the Second Prince?" She asked awkwardly but trying to make it sounds natural as possible.

". . . I'm surprised you did not know about that. You live with us for more than one month to study yet you don't know about it?" Valerian asked with a gentle smile much to crush Violette's confidence.

It is the truth that she never study even once and only enjoy the good things she's given while worrying about her family's affection.

After that miserable talk, she decided to shut her mouth and stay low.

Meanwhile in their father's carriage, Viola chuckled by their previous conversation.

For a normal person, it maybe hard to get along with two stoic, quiet, and cold people.

But it's different for Viola.

"Why are you laughing?" Edward asked while looking at her, confused.

"I'm not laughing." she exclaimed with a gentle smile while looking at him.

". . . Are you laughing at father that just bumped his head?"

Viola's and Damon's eyes widened as Damon let out a small chuckle and Viola let out a small laugh.

When they arrived, Valerian exit the carriage followed by Carlos and Violette.