15. Choice

ARIEL'S POV

I looked outside the car as we passed the beautiful snow capped mountains and thick forests. This place was truly magical and soothing but not enough to calm me. I was broken and nothing can mend a broken heart. I felt a hand on mine so I turned to my left and saw grandma giving me an assuring smile. I tried smiling back but I just couldn't. The memory of that day didn't allow me to smile. The memory of my parents death won't let me be happy. I had lost everything.

The car haulted with a jerk and I looked in my front to see that now we were outside a beautiful house. No wonder why grandma never chose to leave this town. The house was beautiful and cozy. But it lacked the warmth that my house provided me with. But this was going to be my house now. Atleast a place where I get sheltered.

I came out of the car and we walked to the door. The insides were also good. And my room too was very beautiful.

Suddenly I found myself walking to the forest. All alone in the night I walked deeper and deeper into the forest. And then, I turned around to see a very handsome man in front of me. He was familiar. But who? Where have I seen him? His eyes are so familiar to me. He is....
Alexander.

I opened my eyes to a beautiful ceiling. My hand went to my forehead which was throbbing. Where am I? I looked around and then realised that I was in Alexander's room. Wait! Alexander? What was he doing in my dream? Was it really a dream? Because it felt like a memory. But I don't remember it happening in my life. I don't know when did I come here with grandma. But then it is second time I have seen something like this. First, in that house....OMG! That house I saw in dream was the same I saw in this town. And I also saw something like this over there. Is it really my memory? So that means I have met Alexander before. But why am I not able to recall anything?

"I know you have a lot of questions,love." I turned to Alexander who was standing near the balcony with his arms crossed in front of his chest. I looked down as I thought about his words. Does he know what I just saw?

"Um...you know it,don't you? The answers to my questions." I said.

"Maybe. What are your questions?" He said after a sigh.

"I...I saw these visions. I mean I saw them earlier when I went to this old house in the town. And now I saw a vision and..." I trailed off.

"And?"

"I saw you in it. It was about me and grandma moving in this place and in the forest I met you. Its just a dream right?" I asked. I was afraid because my heart told me that it wasn't just a dream. It was something else. Something big.

"Hmmm its not just a dream. Its your memory, Ariel. Your memory that you lost. These are your memories that you created in this town. With me." His words made me more confused. My memories with Alexander? But I haven't met him before this so how is this possible? I have lost my memories but how?

I didnt realise that the tears had started to form in my eyes. I clutched my head tightly. My head started pounding again.

"Ariel, take deep breaths and relax." I heard Alexander's voice and then felt him holding my shoulders. I followed his lead and then my breathing normalled.

"Please....I need answers. Please tell me." I cried. He embraced me tightly and I sobbed in his chest.

"I am going to tell you everything love but it is more important for you to remember everything." He said.

"I don't mind remembering it but I want to know what happened and why I forgot everything."

"So listen, you were just 17 years old and you had just lost your parents. Your grandma lived in this town and so she brought you hear with her."

I nodded as I remembered my dream. It made a little sense now.

"And then we met, and I instantly fell for you. We made a deal to meet each other daily and so eventually we fell in love. But...."

I fell in love with Alexander? I don't know how but a blush covered my face.

"Maybe you don't feel the love Ariel but trust me once you remember everything, you will feel it." Is it true that I will love him again once I remember everything? Because love comes from the heart and not from some old memory.

"Look Alexander I don't know if whatever you are saying is true or not but if I really loved you then I will be able to feel it automatically and then no memories must be required for that. And my previous experience with love....well, you know how it was. So I don't think I do or will ever love you. I just want my memories back and it doesn't mean I will love you back after gaining those memories." I could see hurt flashing in his eyes but he covered it skillfully. I know my words are hurting but they are true. I don't want to love someone after what happened with Daniel. Who knows if Alexander is also like him.

He nodded his head.

"Its your choice Ariel."