18. Prisoner

AUTHORS POV

The girl wiped the millionth tear away from her face as she stared at the forest in front of her from the balcony. The chirping of birds followed by a flock captured her attention. The birds were flying freely along with their family. They could go anywhere they wished and had their family and loved ones to support them at any time. Unlike her, who was all alone in this world and not only alone but now also a prisoner. A prisoner of the beast.

A sob escaped her throat as she looked at her wrist that had the invisible shackles around them.
There was no reason left for her to live, she thought. Nobody loved her or cared for her. Her lonely heart yearned love but now it also yearned for freedom.

Her gaze went to the garden and the memories of what had happened rushed back to her mind.

She was too shocked and disgusted at Alexander. He was a ruthless killer and a deadly beast. She could not believe how much Daniel was beat up. She was not inhumane to not feel bad for him. She had once loved this man afterall.

But that's enough. She thought.

She stood up with her knees feeling weak and turned to look at Alexander who had a blank expression unlike her who was clearly displaying her disgust towards him. He was taken aback by her expression. His beast whined after getting such a look from her.

"How can you? How can you be so cruel, Alexander? You are nothing but a bloodthirsty beast. And you never loved me!" She yelled at him breaking his heart.

He knew he was cruel and ruthless and he had heard it from the world enough times to haunt his dreams. But hearing those words from his mate broke his heart into millions of pieces. Did she really think that of me? He thought.

"Ariel....are you taking his side? He fucking cheated on you! Broke your heart. And you are protecting him?" He said in disbelief. He couldn't believe his ears.

"Yes I know he did cheat and he did hurt me but that does not give you the right to do any such thing to him. He is my culprit. And only I should have the right to punish him and not you are your...... creatures." She said looking at the deadly creatures with disgust.

"Are you out of your mind? You are their queen Ariel and your culprit is there culprit, my culprit. And this fucker hurt their queen. How are we supposed to control ourselves? You are my quee-"

"Stop! Dont you dare call me your or their queen. Do not involve me in this sick game of yours. You know what, lets forget what you did to the town or Daniel and let me go. I will leave this place forever taking Daniel with me and we both can live happily." She said crossing her arms in front of her.

Alexander's jaw clenched as he saw his mate caring for some other mutt.

"No way. You are not leaving this place ever! I won't let you go." He said sternly. His beast started surfacing as he looked at his mate's clear rejection to them.

"I am a free human being Alexander and you can't control me. I am leaving along with Daniel." She said and turned to help Daniel get up.

But before she could even reach him, Alexander with his inhuman speed reached their and held Daniel by his neck and lifted him from the ground. Alexander was already tall, and he held Daniel's limp form up in the air higher.

Ariel gasped at his way of manhandling an injured man.

"What the fuck! Leave him Alexander. What are you doing?" She yelled as his claws started coming out and digging in Daniel's neck.

Alexander's eyes changed colour as his beast started coming out.

"I won't let you leave this town Ariel. Not now, not ever." He said.

"You can't do this to me. You need to leave him and then let us go." She said.

"Do you care about him Ariel? Huh, tell me? Do you care about him and want him to safely go back?" He growled shaking the ground beneath them.

She nodded slowly. It was scaring her to see his beastly form.

"I'll leave him and let him go safely but on one condition. You need to stay here in the castle. If you want Daniel to be safe then you have to sacrifice your freedom." Alexander offered. Ariel's eyes widened in shocked. What was she supposed to do? Sacrifice her freedom for Daniel who could die in the hands of Alexander anytime. Or leave Daniel here and enjoy her freedom. But it was not her upbringing. Her parents had always taught her to keep others before her and then how could she leave Daniel here knowing very well he could die. That freedom won't be hers then. Her hands would forever be covered with his blood. But if she lives here and lets Daniel go then she will save a life. And Daniel had a family to care for him unlike her. Even if she leaves this place and goes back then there was no one for her in the world who will care for her or love her. She was all alone and was going to be forever alone. There was not going to be much difference. She was going to be alone in this castle and she was going to be alone back to New York. So she decided.

"O-Okay. I will stay but...he goes back. Safely." She said nervously. Alexander smirked at her as he saw how she had fallen in this trap so easily.

He left Daniel who fell on the ground with a thump, flinching Ariel.

"Take him away. Safely." He ordered and one of the dark creature came forward and carried Daniel holding his collar. Ariel's eyes couldn't control the sobs that escaped her mouth as along with Daniel she saw her freedom going away.

Now she was a prisoner. A prisoner of this Castle, this beast.

Alexander shifted in his wolf form making Ariel take a step back in fear. He was huge and scary.

Alexander needed some time alone so he ran into the woods and the dark creatures with a bow to their queen left the palace grounds. She was left alone in the gardens of the  Castle. 

She thought about her future. Was she forever going to be a prisoner in this castle?