17. Killer

ARIEL'S POV

"I AM THE BEAST."

Shocked. Bewildered. Scared. Angry. Amused. Confused.

I can feel all these things right now. Is it true- wait! Is it a prank? I hope yes. My mouth must be opening and closing like a fish right now. I don't have words. Is he saying the truth that he is the beast? But how I mean I have seen the beast and he is....scary.
And Alexander is far from scary so why is he saying this?

"A-are you doing a prank? Its not working with me then." I said gulping my fear and tried to sound confident. But I know my voice came out so low and barely audible.

He gave me a look by which I knew he wasn't lying. I took deep breathes as the new revelation started to sink in. I am in the beasts castle with the beast. That scary beast whom I had seen....its him. I don't know what happened but I heard an ear piercing scream from outside after which Alexander ran outside the room while I stood rooted at my place in shock.

After a minute I got my senses back because now even I was running out side to see whose scream it was. I ran downstairs and then outside the doors of the castle in the garden.

Many people were standing in front of me with their backs facing me. They were all circling something and looking at it. I tried to stand on my tip toes and look but it wasn't helpful. I heard someone speak in a authoritive voice. I instantly recognized it as Alexander. His voice was loud and clear.

"This man that you all have caught here is not only my culprit. He is mine, yours and the culprit of all the dark creatures for he is....the culprit of your queen." I frowned at his words. Who is the man they have caught and what has he done to their queen? Wait! Queen? If Alexander is their king then their queen must be his love....Me?! I am there queen? And all thses people here are the dark creatures. The ones who had stopped me from leaving the town. I shivered in fear. All these vampires, werewolves and other scary creatures can kill me anytime now. I should run. But they will easily catch me.

My thoughts were broken shortly as the creatures started to move and pave way for....me. I stared at them in confusion as they all now looked at me and bowed their heads. Um...well I don't actually like all this. I looked in front of me as Alexander stood between the circle of his people. He was staring right at me with a blank expression. He nodded at me as a sign to walk towards him. I did as he said and started walking towards him. I saw different creatures as I moved closer to him. But none of them was looking at me. Their necks were bowed down in respect and fear. But why were they afraid of me? They could snap my neck in a moment. Oh yeah they were scared of the deadly Beast that lay inside Alexander. I stopped right near him and then my gaze fell on a body behind him. It was bloodied and bruised. Its face was barely recognizable but I figured out who he was the moment his teary broken eyes met mine. DANIEL.

I gasped at his condition as he stared at me with pain in his eyes.
Who did this and why? I crouched at his level and noticed how badly he was beat. His body lay on the grass in a very uncomfortable position but that was because of his broken spine. Fuck. Tears gathered in my eyes at the sight. I know he has wronged me but still I had loved him. And I am not a heartless person who will enjoy this happening to someone.

"D-Daniel...who.....how?" I stuttered not able to form proper sentence. A sob escaped my lips as I sucked in a deep breath.

"T-The creatures..." He trailed off as he coughed blood from his mouth. He was so miserable.

My eyes widened as I heard his words. These creatures had done this to him. Alexander's words from earlier rang in my ears.

"He is mine, yours and the culprit of all the dark creatures for he is....the culprit of your queen."

Alexander had done this to him just because he betrayed me. How can he be so heartless and cruel to inflict so much pain on someone. Ofcourse he suited to be a beast because of his barbaric and cruel nature. How can he claim to love someone after doing all these things? He has not only hurted Daniel but also the whole town. He has killed so many people. He is ruthless. A beast.