Being different

EARTH, THE LABORATORY,
?/?/2128
Guess what? The day has arrived. Tomorrow I'll do the last tests and then, if I'm "suitable" as the Doctor says, I will be sold. I'm a bit afraid but I can just cross my fingers and hope for everything to go alright.
P.s.= I'm starting to think that Eddie will never return...
⚜⚜⚜
"Hey Hybreed! What are you doing?" -shouted angrily the male voice of one of the Doctor's helpers.
Lisa closed forcefully the diary.
"The rules say Hybreeds mustn't own anything. Where did you find that book?"-. Two of the Doctor's helpers immobilized her and Lisa started crying out she didn't want to do anything bad. Then they took her to the Doctor.
"So, what were you doing? I recognize that notebook, it was mine. You stole it, isn't it?"- the Doctor was furious and Lisa couldn't find an explanation for his questions.
"Sir, what do you think? Is this an X-Code?- asked one of the Doctor's helpers.
"We can't be sure without seeing the results of the tests. For now bring her in isolation".
The two men brought Lisa in a small cage with nothing inside. She was full of questions in her head and tears in her eyes. She tried to sleep but couldn't stop thinking about what the assistant had said: they wanted to know if she was an X-code. But what was an X-code? Lisa had the impression to have heard that word before... but when?
She was wearing just an hospital gown as usual. Her slim body was illuminated just by a small light attached on the top of the cage and it was covered by short, reddish fur with some darker stripes. She had sharp, shiny teeth in her mouth and pads on her fingers. Her big, clear, green eyes were shining in the dark and her long, fluffy tail with the black top was rubbing unquietly on the ground.
All of a sudden she remembered: Eddie said something about the word X-code the last time she met him. He said her... to be an X-code. Lisa had asked him what that would mean and he had answered "to be... different".
Their conversation was then interrupted by an assistant, who Lisa thought to have heard their words. Maybe it wasn't just a case Eddie disappeared little after.
She could also remember to have heard many times the voices of the speakers proclaime a new X-code in other sectors of the Laboratory.
About this, Eddie had explained her there were many sectors in the Laboratory and different types of Hybreeds in them. Lisa was more confused than ever.
She sobbed strongly and the small light on the top of the cage turned off. All was dark and silent.
The next day the Doctor submitted Lisa to many tests. Radiographs, encephalograms and many others. He also made her many questions: how did she take the diary, what was written inside, what did she know about herself. He also asked about Eddie, but when she tried to ask where he was the Doctor made a strange face and told her it was not her problem.
At the end of the day the Doctor stated that Hybreed 7124 was just a rebel and it could be sold anyway, but they had to tell the new owner not to be too gentle with her.
Lisa sighed of relief and went back to her room.