Beginning

The "Market Day" arrived.
All the corridors of the Laboratory were full of people, men and women, young and old, even some children.
Lisa was closed in her cage like all others. She was observing all those people: she had never seen so many Humans all together! Some had serious faces and seemed not kind at all to her, but others seemed nice.
The atmosphere was like the one at a shopping centre, with people trading the products. But Lisa felt there was something wrong in it: no one was considering what they thought. None of those people were talking to them.
She felt sad and confused and stared for a long time at the ground.
"Hey, are you alright?"- asked kindly a male voice.
Lisa looked up: in front of her there was a nice, young man with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was smiling.
"Ye-yes, I'm... it's alright, Sir".
"I'm happy to hear that. My name's Alex Eastwood".
"I'm 7124, but my friends call me Lisa, so if you want you can call me Lisa, too"- the girl smiled back at him, reassured.
"Lisa is an awesome name! My cousin's called Lisa, too! She's a so generous girl. Oh, I miss her so much...".
"Why? Is she...?" - "Oh, no! I'm just studying abroad very far from home and I miss my family. But it's normal to feel lonely".
"Oh, I suppose so... are you here to buy an Hybreed?"- asked Lisa without looking at him.
"Well, I was here just to give a look, but... what are you exactly asking me?" - the girl was embarrassed and a little confused. The reality was even herself wasn't sure about what she wanted.
"Do you want to come with me?"- asked gently Alex.
Lisa was speechless: was it possible that guy had guessed exactly how she felt?
"Oh, well, yes, I'd be honored to be your Hybreed!"
"Oh, no, you won't!- answered Alex curtly -" Well, I just wanted to say I don't want to be your "owner". Just your friend".
Lisa's smile grew. For the first time in her life, she felt someone could understand her. The voices of the blonde guy and one of the Doctor's helpers took her again at the reality. In just few seconds her happiness vanished: how could she be sure that man, who she'd met for the first time, was saying the truth? How could she trust him? What if he'd treated her badly? But it was too late: Alex was already paying and the Doctor's helper was coming to take her.
The man opened the cage and forced her to go out. Then he took her in another room and gave her shorts and a t-shirt. Finally, he put a collar on Lisa's neck and tied her with a chain. Lisa was scared: her heart started to race. The man took the Hybreed to her new owner and gave him the end of the chain.
"Here you are, Sir. I hope you enjoy our services. Before you to go, I had the order to advise you about this product. This Hybreed could be not collaborative sometimes: in this case, our app on your phone controls the electric chips in its body. You just have to click the button and an electric discharge will pass through its body, immobilizing it".
"Well, thank you. Bye".
Alex started to walk in the direction of the door, drugging Lisa with him. They went in the underground car park, where the man's BMW was. He opened the car and invited the girl in. She sat down in silence.
"Are you ok?"- Alex turned to Lisa for the first time after their conversation at the Market.
"Yes... I'm fine".
"Mmmh... so why have you that face?".
"What face? I haven't any face!" -said the Hybreed a little upset.
"Are you joking?!" - the young man started laughing.
"It's not something to laugh about! - Lisa was really angry: that silly Human didn't understand at all!
"Hey! Don't use that tone with me! It's not my fault if you're so nervous. I'm just trying to be kind with you" - Alex was angry, but there was a touch of sadness in his voice. Lisa felt guilty.
"I'm sorry... you're right, it's not your fault" - said her slowly. Her ears moved down and she looked at the ground, silent. The man was looking at her with a preoccupied face.
"It's ok. You'll see, everything's gonna be alright. Let's go home now".
He started the car and went out of the car park through a ramp. The clock was at 8:15 p.m. For the first time in her entire life, Lisa could see the sky: that enormous, almost black veil punctuated by little, white lights amazed her. She had never seen anything more beautiful and gaped.
"You like it, isn't it?"
"Oh yes, I love it! That's the sky, right?"
"Yes, you're right"
"And those are the stars?"
"Yes, it's true"
"Oh wow! So up there are the stars, the Sun, the moon, the planets, the galaxies... the entire universe is above us!" - the Hybreed was incredibly excited, just like a child who discovers the wonders of life for the first time.
And, indeed, she was discovering the wonders of life for the first time.
Lisa had never been so happy: this was the beginning of a new life.