6 | Family Reunion

Y/N

_

"EVERYONE, this is [y/n]."

After Five apparated me to a tiny hotel room on the edge of New York, I found myself shoved in front of a bunch of familiar faces. Faces that were staring at me like they had never seen anything like me before.

I wasn't an alien, jeez.

After some awkward introductions, I learned their names (and unlike Five, they didn't go by thier assigned numbers). There was Luther, Diego, Klaus, Allison, and Vanya. The Umbrella Academy, as they called themselves.

"Oh wow, there's two children now," Luther said, squinting his eyes in confusion, "they're like cabbage patch kids."

Children? I was the same age as them! To be fair, they didn't know about the whole coma incident, so I guess I could let it slide just once.

"A cabbage patch kid?" Five hissed, stomping over to the tall man, "say that to my face, one more time!"

I guess he wasn't going to let it slide. I was surprised I was holding my tongue in front of these strangers, because if this was my own academy, I'd probably be spitting fire hot enough to burn them.

"He's not wrong," I yawned, grinning at Five, "you do look like one of those cheeky dolls."

The boy gasped, "what?"

"Short, debatably dressed, and fairly creepy."

"I'm not short!"

"But you're badly dressed, and you act like a weirdo."

"We literally wear the same kind of uniform!" Five growled, "you're just not wearing yours right now!"

I liked seeing him so riled up. It was amusing, and I also hoped it served as payback for sticking me in this awkward situation. I could be sleeping right now, but I'm not, and it's making me slightly annoyed.

"Oh my gosh," Allison said from the corner of the room, "It's kind of scary seeing two of them."

I cocked a brow, taking my attention away from the fuming boy, "scary?"

"She's talking about you," Five snapped, walking back over to me in haste.

Okay, now this boy was going to get his butt kicked. I'd been called a lot of things, but scary definitely wasn't one of them. I wasn't going to let it be one of them, because honestly, the word scratched at my skin like a claw.

"Are you calling me scary?" I spat out, turning to face him.

"You're the one carrying a knife around with you!"

"That's because you're the one that keeps showing up in my room in the middle of the night!"

"Hold on," Vanya cut in, concern written all over her face, "Five did what?"

"It's not like I planned on seeing you shirtless!" Five yelled.

After those words left his mouth, the whole room was surrounded by a unified gasp, followed by shocked silence. I would have been embarrassed, but I was more worried about coming up with a response to Five's accidental slip-up.

"Who cares if it was planned or not!" I screamed back, "you still did!"

"On accident! And I barely even saw anything!"

"You saw my birthmark!"

"Okay, now this is getting horrifying," Klaus cut in, sinking into the couch cushions.

Diego, who was sharpening one of his knives, leaned over towards the man with his eyebrow raised, "which part, exactly?"

"That they both have enough anger and sarcasm to balance each other out."

"Balance?" Allison cringed, "There's nothing balanced about this situation, at all."

"Can everyone shut up?" Five hissed, "I only brought her here to meet you all, so let's just end this argument, and get to business."

"I don't know, man, bringing home your girlfriend on the first date?" Klaus grinned from ear to ear, "she must be your soulmate, or something."

I widened my eyes, shaking my head. I guess it was time for another one of my education lessons. Whenever someone talked about that subject without full understanding, I couldn't help but correct them.

"Actually, soulmates don't exist," I started, "because the heart goes through three stages in human life. The first stage is childhood, second is teen, and third is adult. You don't develop the consistency of love until the second, but the change to the third trimester changes your outlook, and therefore having one soulmate is impossible."

The room was silent again, slowly blinking in confusion. Not at my explanation, but for the explanation for my explanation. Oops.

"Sorry," I blushed, "it just slipped out."

"So is her power being intelligent or something?" Vanya asked, "is that why she knows so much?"

"She wouldn't tell me her powers," Five said, rolling his eyes.

"I don't tell anyone my powers," I frowned, "it's nothing personal."

"I'm sure you two already know everything there is to know about personal," Klaus giggled, "hehehehehehehe."

"Oh, shut up," Five growled.

"I'm just making an observation!"

"You're just making it awkward!"

"Since when did you care about being awkward?" Luther barged in, staring at Five in interest.

The boy didn't answer, turning his head and rummaging around the hotel room. I just dwindled there in boredom, watching as the hotel room leveled down to silence. Occasionally, I'd look over and catch Five gazing at me, but he rolled his eyes in response.

Jerk.

"So why did you bring me here, Five?" I finally said, breaking the silence.

He stopped rummaging around, and let out a sigh. At first, he stared at me, then at his family, then back at me. After what felt like forever, he answered.

"We need to find our mom," he said, "and you're the only one who can help."