68.

-HER-

"Should I go to work today?" He asked me after he was done kissing me. Meanwhile, I laid in his arms recovering from the daze. The cramps were still there but they were somewhat bearable at that moment.

"I think you should," I told him before yawning. Even though I had slept well last night, I felt tired. He turned on his side and supported his head on his hand and looked at me.

"Do you want me to go to work, my pharaoh?" He asked gently while running his hand through my hair. Meanwhile, his silver eyes stared down at me fervently. I was lost staring into them once again to count those blue specks in his irises.

"Yeah," I answered and it made him frown.

"But I am worried about your safety. What if someone else comes after you?" He questioned while he continued playing with my hair.

"I can look after myself," I told him.

"But you're weak and still recovering from the heat," He debated.

"I think I can do it," I told him but he didn't seem to be convinced. "And would I go into heat every month and would it be always this bad?" I couldn't help but ask him. These two questions were very much bothering me. I wanted to know how this heat cycle worked and if there was anything that could be done to make it more bearable for me.

"As far as I know, she-wolves don't go into heat this often and even if they do, it's not this bad with them," he told me, "I am not sure why you get it so often and why it is so bad for you but I think it's because of my wolf. He is a strong hybrid and he craves for you,"

"Couldn't be anything done about it?" I asked him without thinking but as soon as the realization dawned upon me, blood rushed to my cheeks. The intensity of his eyes increased instantly before he abandoned my hair and his fingers brushed lightly over my breast.

"We can mate," he suggested and I turned redder, "If we complete the mating process then you probably wouldn't go into heat this much." From the feelings that were draining into me through the bond, I knew that he was serious about it but I didn't feel ready for him yet.

I felt the attraction towards him due to the mating bond and the natural liking that came from receiving attention and care from him but I didn't think that I was ready to take it further so soon. I still had a lot of things to wrap my mind around.

"What did you give me that night?" I asked him. It took him a couple of moments to understand what I was referring to.

"It was a potion. I got it from The- Hecate," He was too quick to correct himself. It had me narrow my eyes at him.

"What?" He asked.

"What were you going to say instead of Hecate?" I asked him. He shook his head, trying to dismiss it, "And how did you get to Hecate?"

"You don't have to know," He told me dismissingly but I wanted to know.

"Tell me," I pressed while I clutched his cheeks. He stared at me momentarily before he took my hand off his cheeks and answered, "She watches over us."

"I asked you how did you get to Hecate,"

"Never mind," He grumbled. I glared at him and turned around so my back was facing him. I heard him sigh deeply behind me before he asked, "Are you sure, you would be okay alone?"

"Yeah, why not? Hecate is watching over us," I used his words against him. Even though my back was facing him, I could almost imagine him pressing his lips in a thin line and looking at me in annoyance.