four. rich people shit

THE NIGHT SISSY had been dreading arrived — the stupid debutante ball. She felt as if she was in another person's body as Lorelai zippered up her dress, which fit her perfectly. "You look beautiful, Sissy," she said with a smile as she turned back to face her. "Thanks," Sissy beamed, pushing her hair back to where it was. Lorelai touched up her makeup while Sissy looked in the mirror. She felt pretty, she looked pretty, she was pretty, at least for the night. The sleeveless cream colored dress that Lorelai made suited her perfectly, and the baby blue embroidered flowers ( courtesy of Marls, of course ) brought out her own ocean eyes.

She was shaken out of her thoughts by Rory calling her name, snapping her back to reality. "Sissy, we're going to be late, and Grandma's going to kill me!" She panicked, throwing her her jacket. "Jeez Ror, chill," she joked, zippering her jacket. "You look really pretty," she said, making Rory stop panicking and smile. "So do you." Lorelai rushed in, groaning. "We're going to be late," Rory chided, throwing Sissy her coat. "God, where's Elliot?" She groaned, hearing footsteps in the hallway. "Here!" He called, walking into the living room. "Why, what a dapper young man," Sissy joked in a posh voice, curtsying. "And such a fine woman of society," He responded back, bowing as he matched her posh accent.

       "No time for pleasantries you two, I'm already a disappointment to my mother, don't need to be a bigger one," Lorelai joked, pushing the two out the door. "Jeez Lorelai, are you trying to make me fall," Sissy joked, walking down the steps. The pair got in the car, buckling in as Lorelai and Rory sat in the front. "On our way, to rich shit and beyond!" Sissy yelled, earning a laugh from Elliot. "This is going to be a long night," he moaned as the car pulled out of the driveway.

ೃ࿐

Rory was whisked off the second they entered, leaving Sissy, Elliot, and Lorelai on their own for about half an hour. Lorelai being Lorelai made them immediately hit the bar, something Elliot and Sissy joked about in whispered tones. "You are a wonderful, wonderful man. I have a feeling we're going to be very close tonight," she said, something that almost made Sissy laugh. " Hmm. Mom, you're here," she deadpanned, making the two teens turn to face Emily Gilmore. "Where should I be, Spain?" She then turned to the two, eyeing Elliot. "Hello, Sicily, and who's this? Your boyfriend?" Sissy turned red, while Elliot looked like he was about to get his teeth pulled. "No, Emily, he's my friend," she stuttered, afraid to look her directly in the eye. "I'm in the band with her," he clarified, a fake smile plastered on his face.

       Emily's face, however, wrinkled in disgust. She had never been very happy that Sissy had found a passion in music ( why? Sissy wasn't sure. Her mom was a music freak too ), and didn't "approve" of her band mates at all. Lorelai looked over to the pair, butting in. "I tried calling you all night last night." Elliot sighed in relief, something Sissy nudged him for. The two older Gilmore's continued bickering, something the teens ignored. "Want a soda, El?" She asked, turning away from the two. Elliot nodded, still looking terrified. "Sorry about her, It's such a Gilmore thing of her to do," Sissy sighed, "The second 'impure' non-Gilmore blood makes it way to her, she just has to scare them off."

"Well, she's really good at it," Elliot scoffed, making his way to the bar. "Can I have two cokes, please?" Sissy giggled, which made him make a face at her. "Now, what is so funny Sicily?" Ignoring the use of her full name, she poked his cheeks, scrunching her nose. "You said please!" Elliot swatted her hands away, grabbing their sodas. "I already hate it here," he said, passing her the cup. "I can't believe Rory agreed to this, it's so fucking boring. I haven't even seen Dean yet, either," she nodded, leaning against the bar. "What are we going to do till the stupid ball starts?"