six. i'm sorry?

SICILY SLUNG HER brightly colored backpack over her shoulder, groaning as she gripped her textbook, turning to Lemon, who tiredly sat up from her desk. "I am so fucking tired," she moaned, rubbing her head. "You're so chipper today, Lem," she joked, to which Lemon flipped her off. "I want to go to bed." Sissy laughed, wrapping her arm around the tired girl. "This is why we go to bed at a normal time," she jokingly scolded, making Lemon groan. "You sound like my mother."

The two walked out of the classroom, frowns on both their faces. "I'm going to fail: fact," Sissy muttered, itching her nose. "That makes two of us." The two approached their lockers, Sissy searching for her key. "I don't know why you have a key for your lock, did you think you wouldn't lose it?" Sissy sighed, searching her pockets. "I knew I'd forget my code!" She finally found her key ( which was on a keychain on her backpack ) and was just about the unlock her locker when —

       "Sicily!" She turned around to face Jess Mariano, of all the people who would be calling her name, running towards her. "How many times do I have to tell you, it's Sissy!" She rolled her eyes, unlocking her locker and shoving her textbook in it. "Hey." Her eyebrows rose as she looked at the boy in front of her, his shiny leather jacket the first thing she saw. "Hi." Lemon snickered next to them, her smile dropping when Sissy glared at her.

"Are you going to say anything or just stand there," she sassed, grabbing her coat. "Are you on free Sunday?" He had a huge smirk on her face, and she could feel her stomach churn in a familiar way, one that always seemed to follow when Jess spoke to her. "I'm sorry?" Her cheeks felt hotter than just seconds before, her heart pounding in a perfect rhythm ( Elliot would be so proud ). "Sunday. Are you free?" Lemon's hazel eyes rose in intrigue, but Sissy wished she could disappear, or be zapped from the earth at that exact second and never come back. "Uh, maybe?"

       "She's free," Lemon burst in, ignoring the glare that Sissy gave her. Where's a giant sinkhole when you need one, she thought, ignoring her racing pulse. "Great, so I'll pick you up at 7." Sissy scoffed, throwing her backpack over her shoulder. "No, you won't. Who said I'm going out with you?" For a split second, he looked taken aback, before the smirk graced his face again. "Careful, Sicily, hostility isn't attractive." She shook her head, an amused smile growing. "But obviously I've struck your fancy. So, you see, it is. The world makes sense again," she sassed back, turning around. "Goodbye!"

Lemon let out the laugh she had been holding in, much to Sissy's surprise. "It's not funny!" She mumbled, her cheek tinted slightly. "What was that?" Sissy turned back to the locker where she stood just seconds before, her eyes wide. "I think that was Jess Mariano asking me out on a date."

ೃ࿐

The slam of the front door filled the house, Rory's groan following. Sissy was well aware of the Chilton's stupid plan to get Rory to socialize ( scaring kids won't make them listen! ) and from the groan, she could assume it didn't go well. She dropped her pencil, the thud of the pencil echoing. "What's up, Ror," she sighed, Rory's backpack thudding on the kitchen floor. "I joined a sorority, and I met another Lemon." Sissy burst out laughing, only stopping when she realized the serious look on Rory's face. "But — you're in high school!"

"Well apparently there's more than one at Chilton, and Paris wants in. I walk out of class, and suddenly, bam, there she is!" Rory slumped on the couch. "She shanghaied you!" Rory frowned, turning to her. "How was your day?" Sissy sighed, closing her binder. "Jess Mariano asked me on a date."