seven. lettuce heads and shit shows

THE PAST WEEK had been incredibly dull for Sicily. Besides Rory joining and getting in trouble for joining a sorority, she had been walking through the same day over and over again. To her annoyance, Jess Mariano asking her out became part of that daily routine, which constantly frustrated her. Her stomach dropped immediately every time he saw her rounding the corner, a dumb smirk plastered on his stupid face. Eventually, it became normal; the rolling of her eyes, his never-faulting cockiness that he still seemed to possess even when she rejected him, and the way he never gave up, no matter how matter times she told him angrily that it was never going to happen.

The sound of the phone ringing woke her up, sun streaming through her blinds. Rory was already gone, probably out with Lane, and so was Lorelai, the phone the only thing heard through the house. She grumbled as she threw off her blanket, rubbing her eyes. She picked up the phone, groaning. "What?"

       "You have to come down to Doose's, it's quite the shit show!" She pulled the phone away from her ear as Lemon's voice hit her loudly. "Lem?" She grumbled, rubbing her temples. "Get out of bed and get your butt over here!"

The phone immediately hung up, making Sissy sigh. She rubbed her eyes, schlepping to her room. She pulled her drawer open, getting dressed. She slipped on her favorite cardigan, the sun hurting her eyes. Begrudgingly, she stepped out of the house, pulling her jacket closer to her. The colors of fall where everywhere, every tree donning a brilliant shade of red or orange. She crunched the leaves under her boots, the satisfying sound making her sigh.

       Quickly, she made her way to Doose's, where a massive crowd was formed. She pushed her way to the front, where Lemon stood, holding back laughs. "Lem!" She called, stepping towards her. "Ah!" Lem pushed her back, pointing to the floor. There, right in front of Doose's, was a chalk sketch of a body, which made her gasp. "Taylor's losing his shit, it's hilarious," Lem snickered, a smile gracing Sissy's face. "He just got in a massive fight with a police offer, it was prime entertainment."

        "So, who did it?" Sissy asked, pushing back her hair as a gust of wind hit her. "Don't know, it was here when I woke up this morning," Lem shrugged, staring at it. Sissy looked around, her eyes settling on a smirking Jess Mariano. He did this, she thought, annoyed. "I'll be right back," she told Lemon, who nodded, her eyes fixated on the drawing.

She stormed across the street, not sure why she was so annoyed. "You did this," she accused, rubbing her eyes. He simply shrugged, making her even more annoyed. "Why do you care," he mocked, making her recall their first interaction. She sighed, tapping her foot. "I don't care what you do," she defended, her anger rising. "I do, however, care about who's going to end up paying for this, and it'll be Luke." Jess seemed to know that not saying anything would make her angrier, which it did.

"They're going to kick Luke's ass when it was your fault." She looked to the ever growing crowd at Doose's, the biggest scowl she's ever seen plastered on Taylor's face. "Bummer," he mocked, looking in her eyes. "I don't even know why I try," she muttered, turning away. "So, how about that date?"

       She laughed, shaking her head. "You mean the one you'll never get?" He followed after her as she walked off, not ready to give up yet. "This isn't 10 things I hate about you, and you wish you were Heath Ledger," she sassed, still walking farther away from him. "I'm way more attractive then him," Jess scoffed, making her shake her head. "Don't you get it? It's never going to happen!"