II

Naruto's POV

Something isn't right.

We haven't seen each other for years. The last time we saw each other was when he delivered the report about Uzushiogakure ruins. Well, more like he aggressively threw the report at me.

He left after he confirmed from me the news of Hinata's pregnancy. I remember...we were arguing that time.

And yet here he was, after all these years...cooking in my kitchen.

'Is it my kitchen?', I'm not sure.

"Hey, Sasuke", I called.

Instead of answering me, he continued to busy himself with whatever he is doing.

"Hey, bastard", I said in annoyed tone in attempt to get his attention.

Sasuke placed two bowls of ramen on the table. Then he finally looked at me and motioned for me to sit.

"Sit. You should eat", with the tone that sounded more like an order rather than an invitation.

I opened my mouth to protest, but got distracted when my eyes caught the mouthwatering ramen he offered to me.

So instead of protesting, I walked towards the dinner table to join him. I almost gaped at the food in front of me. Sasuke is indeed a good cook. This isn't the first time he cooked a meal for me. All the food he cooked for me back then were so delicious.

But I held the excitement in, I don't want to appear too enthusiastic.

While we were eating, I couldn't bear the awkward silence between us. So I figured maybe it is now time to ask my questions.

"Seconds?", he interrupted.

I paused for a second but then nodded. That was not really my intention but it doesn't mean I didn't like the outcome, because why would someone refuse another serving of Sasuke's cooking? That'd be really stupid.

So I obediently held up my empty bowl for him to pour more ramen. And while I watched him pour more noodles into the bowl, I attempted to raise my question only to be interrupted again.

"You should enjoy your meal first. We can talk later", he suggested.

~

When I finished my third bowl, I offered to do the dishes. I was about to stand up to start gathering the dishes when he suddenly brought his hand to my cheek.

"You haven't been sleeping well", he said while tracing the skin under my eye with his thumb.

I flushed. "Uh, yeah."

Sasuke stood up and walked away, probably heading to sleep. I feel tired too for some reason, even though I just woke up from sleep...or nap? I'm not sure. But I still have to clean up the kitchen. I let out a sigh.

Sasuke suddenly stopped when he was about to exit the kitchen and looked back at me.

"I'll use the bath first, when you're done with the dishes you can take a bath. The only bathroom in the house is the one in the bedroom", he informed me. And he then continued to walk towards the bedroom.

~

I relaxed myself in the bathtub, and rested my head back.

'What is even happening? Why am I with Sasuke? Where are the kids, Hinata and Sakura?'

I finished up and put on the clothes that Sasuke let me borrow. I subconciously gave it a sniff. 'Hmm...eventhough it was washed, Sasuke's scent still lingers', I took in the smell. 'Shit...it'd be really embarassing if he caught me doing this.'

I walked out of the bathroom to find Sasuke already on the bed. I then realized that there seems to be only one bedroom in the house too.

"Um, Sasuke. Where do you want me sleep? I don't see any sofa so um...do you have an extra futon?"

Sasuke shuffled himself to lift off the bed covers and patted the bed beside him.

"Sleep here beside me."

I then walked towards the bed and lay beside him. It's not like it's our first time sleeping together. I just want to get but to sleep. Our backs are atleast facing each other.

I was getting really sleepy when I felt Sasuke snaked his arm around my waist. My eyes flew open when he placed a gentle kiss on my nape and said,

"I miss you, Naruto."

A jumble of questions was resurfacing in my mind. But I was too exhausted to even utter a word. I decided to just save my questions for later and give in to sleep.

My eyelids are now beginning to feel heavy.