V

[i don't own the photo. source: pixiv]

Genin Days : Resolve

The alarm clock in Naruto's room woke him up at just past 6:00 am in the morning. He was just having a dream about a big cup of ramen running after him, but he couldn't recall how it started. He had forgotten most of it as soon as he heard the first ring of the alarm. 

Ninjas usually wake up much earlier than 6 am. But knowing their Kakashi-sensei's chronic tardiness, they figured there's no point in waking up early really. Naruto lazily got up from his bed and strolled to his bathroom to get ready for the day.

"E-eeeeeh!", Naruto cried to his disappointment that he had already run out of his precious cup ramen. The reason is because he splurged out of his usual budget a week prior. He bought a sewing kit and some fabrics that to sew-up a 'kakashi-doll'.

The Uzumaki stomped back to his bedroom. He glared at the object that brought on this situation.

"You! You caused this, so the 'real' you better not be late in today's training to make up for it!"

The blonde was about a few yards away from the training grounds, when he was suddenly snatched to the side off the road--dragged into the mini forest surrounding the training grounds.

He wanted to protest but a hand clamped his mouth shut.

"Don't shout, dobe. It's just me."

Naruto swiped away the hand covering his mouth. But the hand was replaced with a soft lips crashing into his own.

He then pushed off the owner of that lips. 

"Bastard, what are you doing!" Naruto exclaimed.

Sasuke was mildly surprised at the reaction. It's not like this is the first time it happened.

"Um, remember when we had the mission in the Land of Waves...

...and we stayed overnight at Tazuna-san's house?" Sasuke asked nervously.

"Yeah, what about it?" Naruto answered with confusion plastered on his face. He's confused why Sasuke suddenly is acting weird.

"That thing...let's do it again." Sasuke said in almost a whisper.

"Huh? What thing are you talking about?" Naruto already have a good idea on what Sasuke meant. But he wouldn't let a chance to tease Sasuke slip by.

"Tch, when we...kissed." Sasuke blushed looking away. "Let's do it again but um...longer."

"Ahaha, that thing." Naruto was now the color of tomato red. "We can't, today's our training.

Sasuke ignored Naruto's protest, Kakashi's going to be late anyway. He instead had the blond pinned to the tree and kissed him more intensely.

Naruto began to squirm off of him.

"Keep still, dobe. I'm not yet satisfied", Sasuke breathed out of the kiss. The raven then pulled the blond tighter.

He licked Naruto's lips to gain access. But the uzumaki boy, too innocent to know what that lick meant.

Sasuke pulled back and flicked Naruto's forehead.

"Ow, what was that for!?" Naruto complained.

"Dobe, when I do that you are supposed to open your mouth!" Sasuke scolded in a hushed tone.

"What? The flick on the forehead?" The blond asked confused while soothing his forehead.

Sasuke snorted then grabbed Naruto's chin.

"No idiot, when I do this", the Uchiha said as he gave the boy's lips a lick.

"How am I supposed to--." Sasuke grabbed he boy's chin.

"Why do you always have to be talkative!? Can't you just do what I tell you?" Sasuke was feeling impatient.

Before Naruto could say anything more, he forced open the blond's mouth.

"Itadakimasu."

• • • • • • • • • •

They had been waiting for the silver-haired jounin for 2 hours now. And the man was still nowhere in sight.

Sakura could suddenly feel an awkward aura looming over them. That's when she noticed something.

"You two are unusually quiet", Sakura addressed both of his teammates "what is going on?"

"Hmp", Naruto chewed the inside of his cheek, annoyed.

Sasuke leaned against the railing with a smirk. He was feeling accomplished about what he just did on Naruto's neck. He read it in some magazine he bought while disguised as an adult, that it is how humans mark their special person.

Naruto irritatingly tried to pull his collar higher to hide it, or else he would really have a hard time explaining it to Sakura.

• • • • • • • • • •

Kakashi assigned each of his students their mode of training to complete. He had them sent to different designated areas of the training grounds to concentrate on their own.

Sakura could already climb a tree using chakra. So Kakashi sent her to the river to practice walking on the water.

Sasuke was still struggling to climb up the tree. The Uchiha still couldn't control his chakra at the right amount, longer enough to reach the highest point of the tree. So Kakashi told him to keep at it.

Naruto on the other hand, could not even gather enough chakra to his feet. So Kakashi remained with him to refresh his memory about the basics of chakra control.

• • • • • • • • • •

Three hours had already passed since they started their training. Sasuke was almost at the brink of chakra exhaustion so he decided to go back where they left Naruto and Kakashi. 

Sasuke was almost out of the clearing when he saw something that stopped him dead in his tracks.

Kakashi leaned closer to Naruto's face and grabbed the genin's chin. They appear to be kissing--he wasn't sure. He could only see Kakashi's back and the outline of Naruto on right side of his body.

The raven was about to step forward to confront them when the jounin placed his hand behind the blond's head to pull the boy closer. Naruto then grabbed Kakashi's arm.

Sasuke gripped his chest at the scene. Instead of confronting the pair, he stepped back and stormed his way out of there.

The boy reached his house, shaking...shaking with anger. His head hurts, as if his brain refuses to process what he just had witnessed. He began pulling his hair, with more force each time.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!"

He couldn't believe it. Naruto betrayed him. His chest aches as if someone is squeezing his heart.

'Was he just using me? He doesn't really love me?' Sasuke recalled the 'kakashi doll' Naruto had on his bed when he went to the boy's house.

"But why Kakashi!?" he shouted, "Is it because I'm only a kid? Is it because I couldn't protect him?" He began thrashing his place down to relieve his anger.

Sasuke calmed himself down as he reached a conclusion.

"Yes, it must be because I am weak! So he chose a man who is much stronger!" He removed his hitai-ate.

"I am weak", he cried again.

"I must get stronger // I must get stronger // I must get stronger" the Uchiha repeated like a mantra while pacing back and forth.

He halted as he remembered the Snake-sannin's offer.

And now, he has a new resolve.

【 English is kind of my 3rd language so there might be errors in the grammar. But I'll try to make the story as comprehensible as I can. 】