3. Dinner And A Show

Damian-13
Tim-16
Percy-17
Jason-20
Dick-26

——————

Jason heaved a sigh as he closed the door. He had planned on spending the night with Percy, to try and make up for his past mistakes, but now with Roy calling him earlier and Damian's sudden visit it looked as if she will be meeting the 'bat family' instead.
Granted she won't know it's the Batfamily.

"Are you sure you are cool with meeting the Waynes tonight?" It wasn't the end of the world if she didn't want to go with him to dinner. She had had a very stressful and emotionally taxing last few days. Jason didn't want to add to that.

"Why yes, Jason I would love to met your family." Was the icy reply that made Jason wince yet again. She still refused to met his gaze.

"Percy I'm sorry and I'm trying to make up for it, I just want things to be like-" he was cut off.
"Like they were?? Jason, it's been 3 years since we've last spoken! And 9 since we've seen each other. I don't think we can just 'go back to how things were' " she took a shaky breath. "It doesn't work like that."

Jason looked down at his feet, feeling slightly guilty for how their last interactions had turned out.
"I just wanted to protect you." He said in a small voice.

A small mumble came from Percy too quiet for Jason to hear, she then let out a huff of air, "look, Jason, let's just get ready. We should probably leave soon if we are going to make it for dinner." With that, she shuffled over to her duffle bag and riffled through it.
Jason followed her lead and wandered down the hall to his own room to 'freshen up' for dinner.
Planning on finishing the conversation first thing in the morning, as well as asking her about her many scars.

———————————

Once Wayne Manor came into view, Perci shifted in the passenger seat of Jason's 'borrowed' car, a thought suddenly dawning on her.
"Wait how did Damian get to your place? It's way too far of a walk."
Jason tilted his head slightly to the left. "Bruce probably let him drive. Alfred would have been too busy making supper to notice." Percy gaped at her brother.
"He let a 10-year-old drive!?"
At that Jason let out a loud burst of laughter.
"Y-you think he's 10?! Ha, no Demons' 13." Percy's eyebrows scrunched together. "Still, 13 is a little young to be driving."
"Nah, the Demon Spawn is fine. Trust me he has lots of experience, plus if he got pulled over Bruce could just pay off the officer, besides the old man almost never lets him drive."
Percy stared at her brother for a moment, then back towards the massive gates looming in-front of them
"Well okay then."