8. Midnight Snack

July 13th

Percy awoke gasping for breath early the next morning, she quickly wiped the fallen tears off her cheeks and attempted to even her breathing.
She sat there for what seemed like eternity trying to calm her racing heart, her hand shook violently as she looked at the time on the watch Tyson made her.
3:46am
Knowing she wouldn't be able to fall asleep after seeing that all over again, Percy slowly slide over to the side of the bed and  stood on shaky legs.
Sticking her head out of the door to make sure no one was up, she crept down the hall towards the kitchen for a little snack.

However, as the demigod grew nearer to her destination, she heard a small clanking sound.
Curious she picked up her pace, and was met with the sight of Tim sitting at the kitchen counter leaning over a laptop not even blinking, whilst eating a large bowl of what looked like cereal.
"Tim? What are you doing?"
The sleep deprived teen looked up at her with a blank face, the light from the computer insinuating the bags under his eyes.
"Percy?"
In that moment the young teen reminded Percy too much of her beloved fallen friends. Leo and Annabeth.
So she switched on the stove light, illuminating the room just enough, and walked over to Tim and closed the computer.

"Tim you need to sleep."
The raven haired boy hunched over even more, and sloppily shoved another spoonful of 'cereal' into his mouth, his eyes drooping shut.
Percy finally got a good look at what Tim was eating, "Did you put coffee into the bowl instead of milk?"
"Hm." Was the only answer she got.
Knowing he wouldn't be able to carry himself to his room, Percy gently picked up the sixteen year old.
Suddenly grateful for coach Hedge's 'training' as well as her increased demigod strength.

She soundlessly made her way back down the long halls, trying to figure out which room was Tim's.
By pure luck she happened upon a door with the word 'Tim' engraved into a small sign.
Percy opened the door carefully, and sighed in relief when the door didn't creak.

She slide into the room, keeping her steps light and looked around.
The floor was covered in papers and books, on one side of the room was a desk overflowing with random electronics that Percy couldn't identity.

She walked over to his bed and slide the covers back, before softly laying Tim down and covering him up. She whispered a silent prayer to Hypnos to give the young teen a good night's sleep and carefully made her way back to the hall.
She let out a huff of air as the door closed behind her, smiling fondly as she walked back towards the kitchen.

——————

Alfred had found her just a few hours later in the kitchen making blue pancakes.
The butler simply raised an eyebrow at the peculiar coloured food, and began to help her fry some eggs.

Dick was the first to stumble into the kitchen, following his nose to the delectable smell.
A smile formed on his face as he observed Percy and Alfred working together making breakfast.
With a pang in his heart he was reminded of Jason before the.... incident. Here was his sister, doing what he used to do with Alfred.

"How many pancakes do you want Dick?"
The acrobat quickly shook his head to clear his thoughts, he looked back at Percy "Load me up."
He said with a smile.
Dick choose not to comment on the oddly coloured food, and instead dug in. Moaning with delight at the amazing tasting food before him.

"Tt why are you making erotic sounds Grayson?" Damian said as he strode into the kitchen, his head held high.
Percy looked over at the young teen, a bright smile on her face. "Hey Lil Demon."
If Damian didn't like the nickname he showed no sign of it, as he sat down beside Dick. "Hello...Percy."

Dick glanced over at his little brother, a stern look on his face. "Aren't you a little young to be saying things like that Dami?"
"Aren't you a little old to be living at home Grayson? Hasn't Father bought you your own place?"

Percy snickered quietly and slid a plate of food to Damian.

"I've bought what?"
The gruff voice of Mr Wayne sounded from the door, he was already wearing a three piece suit and Percy was impressed by his dedication to wearing the uncomfortable clothing even at home.
Damian had smug look on his face as he glanced back over his shoulder.
"Nothing Father."

When Bruce sent them a questioning look, Percy simply shrugged and Dick shook his head, obviously used to Damian's attitude.
Sighing in defeat Bruce poured himself a cup of coffee, then took a seat at the counter, eyeing the pancakes curiously.
"Why blue?"

In that moment Percy suddenly had four pairs of eyes staring at her, the other three in the room obviously curious as well.
Letting out a huff of air she quickly dished herself a plate, swirling the food around with her fork before she answered.
"Well Sally got into a fight one day with her husband Gabe, you see Gabe said there was no such thing as blue food. From that day on Sally went out of her way to make food blue." She had a distant look on her face, as she remembered her time with her adoptive mother. "It became a tradition."

Damian played with his food for a second, a stoic expression on his face. "It is a commendable tradition."
She smiled sadly at the young teen. "It was."

In that moment Tim trudged into the kitchen, heading straight for the fresh pot of coffee.
The five people in the room watched worriedly as he grabbed the whole pot and began to chug.

Quick as a fiddle Dick jumped up and stopped the teen, putting the pot down and gently guiding him to a seat at the counter.
"Master Tim I suggest a glass of water, instead of the entire pot of coffee."
Alfred handed the sixteen year old a glass of water, which he took begrudgingly.

———————

Breakfast was eaten relatively quickly, the four Waynes (Alfred had disappeared at some point) talking amongst themselves, with Percy contributing to the conversation every now and then.

Tim and Damian were just beginning to bicker, something about being a better bat? When Dick 'suggested' that he, Damian, and Tim go to the GYM and train. Leaving Percy, and Bruce alone and in awkward silence.

Percy looked over at Bruce, shifting uncomfortably in the deafening silence, for some reason she felt uneasy around the middle aged man.
"So uh, where were you yesterday?"
Mr Wayne took a short sip of his coffee and eyed the young girl "I visited an old friend, I had some... questions for her."
The demigod suddenly felt stupid as she remembered Tim telling her that yesterday.
I really am a kelp-head

"Right."
Then all at once Percy remembered her talk with Nico, and mentally facepalmed again.
"Oh, I met with my cousin yesterday at-uh-the funeral and I was wondering if I could met up with him for lunch."

She hoped he hadn't seen through her white lie, it wasn't like she could say Nico had called her by using magical mist by the goddess Iris.

Bruce tapped his fingers to the table, "I don't see the problem with that."

Percy pumped her first in the air and began to hurry off to her room to change out of the clothes she slept in.

"One condition."
The demigod stopped in her tracks and turned back around, her eyebrow raised.

"Damian goes with you."

———