10. Seeing Red

"Roy?!" Percy asked in disbelief, he and Jason weren't supposed to be back for another day yet. The red-head rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, he obviously was not expecting to run into his best-friend's little sister.

"So I guess this is where you were."
The demigod stared at him confused, Roy, noticing the weird look she was giving him explained.
"Oh uh, our thing didn't take as long as we thought it would. We got back today. Alfred said you went somewhere for lunch." He gestured around the diner. "So I just noted that this is where you went."
"Oh." Was Percy's genius response.

"Yeah. Uh Jasons' still at the manor waiting for you, apparently he has something to ask you?"
Roy shifted the bag of take-out food from hand to hand, he was very obviously uncomfortable and unsure of what to say. Percy, knowing just enough about body language, could tell there was more he wanted to say.
"Do you what that is?"
"Oh, well... no."

Percy gave Roy a doubtful look before turning back to the two boys, sighing as she watched as Damian 'accidentally' launched some fries into Nico's hair. Causing her cousin to to 'drop' his milkshake on Dami's lap.

"I'll had back to the manor now then, looks like they're done eating anyway."
She took a couple of steps towards the two teens before looking back towards Roy, amusement dancing in her eyes.
"Can I curl your hair sometime?"

The redhead stared at her confused for a moment, before running a hand through his long mullet, he tilted his head to the side, a sly smile appearing on face. "Only if you let me buy you dinner."

"I'll have to ask Jason first."
All at once the smug look was wiped from Roy's face with a look of dread replacing it.
Percy couldn't help but chuckle quietly to herself as she walked away from the archer and over to her cousin and the mini assassin.

When she reached them she put some money on the table, gaining the attention of the two."Sorry Neeks, me and lil demon here have to leave, Jason's back. And as much as I'd enjoy a good 40 plus minute walk can you give us a 'ride' to the manor?"
Nico quickly straightened his coat and flicked the lone fry out of his hair before standing. "Of course."
Damian, not completely understanding followed them out of the diner in silence.

The son of Hades stopped abruptly in front of the ally just next to the diner, he gestured towards it. "Can you go wait in there? I have to speak with my cousin."

The tater tot didn't argue like Percy thought he would, he simply let out a small tsk sound and sauntered into the alleyway.
"How are you really doing Perce?"

She looked down.
Not wanting to lie to her cousin, but not quite knowing what to say.
Her mom and two of her best friends just died.
Was she supposed to say she was fine? That she would move on? It wasn't like she wouldn't see them again, she would just be dead as well.

After a couple of moments she replied, carefully making sure her voice didn't crack. "I'm doing as well as I can."
That wasn't a lie, she just wasn't letting anyone see her pain.

Nico let huff of air before he awkwardly pulled her into a tight hug. "I spoke with my father, they are happy, they are in Elysium you will see them again."

Her grip tightened on him as a chocked sob escaped her throat. "I know. Gods I know I'll see them again, but they should be here. With us. With their family, celebrating. I should have-"
Nico pulled away so he could look her in the eyes. "You did everything you could. None of this is your fault."

Percy didn't say anything as she pulled away from the hug and quickly wiped away the fallen tears. "Come on, Damian is waiting."

•—•—•—•—•—•—•
•—•—•—•
•—•

Hey so it is almost the end of the quarter for me in school.
So I have a lot of papers due that I really need to finish.
Because of that it may be a wee bit until I update.
Sorry and thanks for understanding.