5. Saying Goodbye

July 12

"We have gathered here today to say farewell to Sally Jackson, and Annabeth Chase, and to commit them into the hands of God."

Percy watched from afar, not completely there, she let the words of the pastor drift off as she remembered her adoptive mother and best friend.
Sally was a better mom than her birth mother ever was, though Percy never got around to calling her that.
I never got to call her mom.

Tears pooled in her eyes, Sally had been so understanding when she first brought Percy in. Her Aunt Hestia had visited the brown-haired woman the night she adopted the young demigod, Sally knew the risks of raising her yet she wasn't afraid. Just weeks after Percy went to live with her Sally married Gabe in order to protect the little girl that was not related to her by blood.
And what had she gotten in return for the love and kindness she had shown Percy?
A monster had killed her when it came looking for the daughter of Poseidon.

Then there was Annabeth.
Her best friend was left weak after Tartarus, never fully readjusting to being rid of the death-mist. She knew she was too weak to fight and survive, yet she fought anyway.
she was right.
And now she was being lowered into the ground.

The funeral was more for the mortal relatives and friends of both Sally and Annabeth, yet Percy had come, and ironically Nico as well.
Her cousin never left her side as the Pastor finished speaking." give them, O Lord, your peace and let your eternal light shine upon them." then there were some mumbled amens, followed by the shuffling of feet as people left.
Some came up to Percy putting their hand on her shoulder and saying they were sorry for her loss.
As if that will make it all better.

Mr. Chase had come up to her at some point and given her a brisk hug before he left with his wife and two boys. Leaving only her and Nico.
"Perce aren't you staying with your brother and his family? You should probably head back now, they will be worried."
The ravenette just nodded refusing to speak, afraid that her voice would break.
Up until now it hadn't felt quite real, just like a bad dream. But there was a certain finality to it, and Percy knew she wouldn't be seeing either of them until she herself went to Hades.

Nico watched his cousin walk off silently, he would have walked with her, but he knew she needed some time alone.
So instead he called out after her "I'll come and visit sometime Perce."
Percy just gave him a thumbs up from over her shoulder and continued on her way.

————————

To say the Manor had fallen into chaos would be an understatement.
Dick had went to go find Percy a little bit after Jason had left.
He was staying in Gotham for a bit in order to get to know the newest member of the family.
Along the way down the hall Tim had stuck his head out of the door wondering where the acrobat was going, when Dick explained he was going to find Percy Tim had told him that he had just seen her heading off to her room.
So the two of them went to go and keep her company, they both knew what she was going though.

However when they got to her room and knocked there was no answer, and the door was locked.
After five more minutes of calling and knocking they kicked down the door, only to find a deserted room with a wide open window. They of course,panicked.
Damian called them Buffoons for 'already losing Jackson.'

And now, 45 minutes later they had checked nearly every room in the manor, after no luck the two boys seated themselves in the living room where Damian was already seating.

"You tell him."
"No you tell him."
"Tt why don't you both tell him? It is because of your incompetence that resulted in this mess after all. You two are the ones that lost his sister."
"How was I supposed to know she would run! She said she just wanted some time alone!"
"Dami how about you tell him? You were trained by assassins, you would have a higher chance of surviving."
"Do I look bullet proof to you Greyson?"

"What's going on?"

The three boys whipped their heads around and stared at the person that just appeared at the doorframe.

————————

When Percy returned from the funeral to find her door had been busted open she groaned out loud.
Knowing that she couldn't avoid the inevitable questions she trudged her way down the hall towards the stairs.
She heard raised voices and what sounded to be an argument as she neared the living room.
"-wanted some time alone!"
"Dami how about you tell him? You were trained by assassins, you would have a higher chance of surviving!"
"Do I look like I'm bulletproof Greyson?"
Trained by assassins? Bulletproof?

So Percy being the kelp-head she is decided to make her presence known.
"What's going on?"

The three boys turned their heads and stared at her, their mouths opening and closing like fish.
"Where were you?! We looked everywhere for you!!" Dick stood to his feet.

The demigod only looked down at the floor, suddenly feeling guilty for worrying them. She had only known them for a day and they were already this worked up over her missing for an hour.
Perch winced as she thought of what they would do if Hera decided to take her on a 'little trip' again.
"Percy?"
It was Tim's voice this time but she still didn't answer, they didn't need to know she just went to a funeral.

"It's fine Percy you don't have to explain anything, you can go and rest in your room now if you want." Percy looked up and met the gaze of Bruce Wayne before she nodded in thanks and hurriedly left, before the three boys could protest.

———————

Hello:)
I'm having a bit of trouble writing the next couple chapters so they may be a wee bit
It would, however, be a major help if you guys comment some ideas, I know the main direction I want the story to go, however, I need filler.
Again sorry for the wait.