Chapter Seventeen

2 weeks later

"I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure biology has nothing to do with saving my ass from falling OUT OF THE SKY!" I yelled as I looked over the edge of the building. "Why am I the one that has to jump?!"

Currently, it was 6:37 at night, and frankly, I was tired and wanted hot chocolate. But we can't all get what we want.

"Because, Cora." Cisco started, tapping away at his tablet as he walked up next to me. "You're the lightest and smallest of the team, and you have a parachute in case Barry doesn't catch you!" I have him a look, one that clearly made it think I saw him as an insane person.

"This is a death wish!" Caitlin said, clearly thinking what I was.

"I see how it is, Cisco." I said, pointing a finger at him and poking him in the chest. "Clearly you don't care about my safety and would rather see me dead!"  I said as Cisco gasped.

"No! This is for Barry's training!"

"Barry's training involves watching me jump off a 300 foot tall glass building and DIE?" I said as the swinging of a metal door opened, revealing a very confused Barry Allen.

"Why are we up here?" He asked as I crossed my arms, raising a brow at Cisco.

"Cisco here wants me to jump off the edge of this building as way to train you to get faster." I called out as Barry's eyes widened at Cisco.

"Cisco are you insane?!" Barry yelled, stepping towards us.

"With Cora being pretty slim, it makes her somewhat aerodynamic! Besides Barry, you are fast enough to save her, and she has a parachute!" Cisco said as I furrowed my brows at him before chuckling.

"ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ⁱᵐ ˢᵏⁱⁿⁿʸ?" I muttered as a joke before taking in a deep breath through my nose. "You're right Cisco. I have a parachute."

"Wait what-" Cisco, Caitlin and Barry's eyes widened in fear as I stepped into the edge of the building.

"I'd I die, I'm haunting you until you die, Cisco." I said as Cisco was now trying to talk me out of what I was about to do.

"You only live once, right? Might as well make the most of it!" I said as Barry went to grab me, but it was too late.

"CORA YOU FORGOT THE PARACHUTE!" Cisco screamed as I instantly regretted jumping off.

"SHIT!" I yelled, but I didn't scream from falling at what felt like 100 miles an hour. I fell silent as I started cursing to myself and Cisco.

Why on earth was I so STUPID?

I could tell Barry panicked because he hesitated. I got the feeling that he started inaudibly swearing at Cisco for talking me into jumping off the building.

Holy shit I'm going fast. Barry better get here soon.

I watched the ground below me come insanely close, my eyes squinting shut as I prepared for my inevitable death.

And then, in an instant, Barry was holding me, arms wrapped tightly around me as he gasped for breath, but it wasn't because I'm he was out of breath from running so fast, it was because of the fear he had.

The fear that he thought he wouldn't make it in time.

"Oh. My god that was a rush." I said as he very slowly set me down. My legs wobbled for a minute, and I felt my face tingle from the wind.

"What were you thinking?!" He yelled as I stared at him, blinking once.

"Before you say 'what if I wasn't?!'" I said, mocking Barry's voice, "I knew you'd catch me, even if I said you wouldn't at the time I thought I was going to die. I knew you were fast enough to save me."

"Hell yeah he was!" I jumped at the sound of Cisco's voice. "The fastest he's gone yet!" Cisco said as he showed us the speedometer.

"782 miles an hour!" Cisco said with a wide grin.

"That's faster than the speed of sound." Caitlin said as we looked up to see that the glass that Barry had run on shattered.

"Didn't Barry go like.. 836 two weeks ago?" I asked as everyone frowned at me. "When Felicity was here?"

"He was going 736, Cora." Caitlin corrected as I frowned.

"Must have read it wrong." I said as everyone shrugged. "We better get out of here before someone notices what we did to the building."

"It's been abandoned since the explosion. I think we're good." Barry said as I shrugged, yawning.

"You're tired? It's only 6:54." Caitlin said as I nodded.

"I didn't sleep last night." And that was completely true, but last night was different. How was I supposed to tel them that the Man in the Yellow Suit showed up at my apartment again? And this time he actually threatened me.

"Cora Agápi." The man in the suit said, his voice eerie and vibrating as much as his body. I was frozen in fear, the knife I had in my hand slowly slipping as I took in deep breaths.

"Y-y-you know m-my name.." I said quietly as he barely nodded.

"I know many things about you. You work at S.T.A.R. Labs and CCPD. You have an IQ of 118. You have a PHD in neuroscience, Forensic phycology, and many others that you have yet to complete."

This is a joke, right?

"You could never figure out what color you liked the most, so you went with crimson, the color you made the Flash's suit."

"How do you know all of this? Who are you?" I asked, holding back the fearful tears.

"I'm the Reverse Flash. But you won't call me that for a while."

"What do you want with me?"

"I want you to die, Cora. But that won't happen for many years." Ifurrowed my brows in confusion.

"W-What do you mean?"

"I'm from the future."

"Prove it." I said with no hesitation. The Reverse Flash chuckled like a maniac before he revealed something I'd never think I'd see.

A picture of me, in a wedding dress, holding what looked to be a baby no older than a month.

Next to Barry Allen.

☀︎︎
We are about to meet Tony, so be ready for Barry's reaction to something somewhat serious. I'll try and roll each episode into one to two chapters so there's more time for Barry and Cora's relationship to really kick off, because I feel like it's going pretty slow, but at the same time it's only been a month for them.