Chapter Thirty

"Anyone care to explain what a Grodd is?" I asked as me, Barry, Cisco, Caitlin and JOe walked into the Cortex.

"Five years ago, Eiling and Wells were working on a project to expand soldier's cognitive abilities during battle. What we didn't realize is that Eiling was trying to create soldiers with psychic abilities." Caitlin informed as Barry frowned.

"What do you mean by psychic?" He asked as Caitlin frowned.

"Eiling was trying to create super-soldiers." I muttered as Cisco snapped his fingers with a nod.

"But when Wells found out about the terrible experiments that Eiling was doing, he shut down the entire project." Caitlin said as Barry and I scoffed.

"So a psycho killer has a soft spot for animals. How sweet." I said with a roll of my eyes. "What happened to Grodd?" Caitlin only shrugged.

"We don't know. After the Particle Accelerator exploded, I went down to check on him, and the cell was empty." She said as I rolled my eyes.

"So there's been a super-soldier gorilla running amuck in the streets of Central City for nearly a year, and we are just now hearing about it?" I said as Caitlin pressed her lips together.

"Maybe this. . . Gorilla was in hiding." Joe suspected as I shrugged.

"It's a possibility." Cisco said.

"When the dark matter hit Grodd, all the serums and drugs that Eiling injected him with could've activated." Caitlin said as I crossed my arms.

"So you're saying that the Particle Accelerator created a. . . Meta-Gorilla? Well Cisco. You know what happens when a super intelligent ape whose pissed off at humans escapes captivity." I said as Cisco stared ahead, nodding slowly.

"This is some Planet of The Apes shit." He muttered as I nodded, zoning out as Caitlin showed everyone Grodd's brain scan. I waved a finger in the air, going to the monitors as I looked something up.

"Guys." I said as they all stopped talking, looking to me. "There have been reports of some sort of animal down in the sewers."

"MM. Alligators." Cisco said as I chuckled.

"C.H.U.D.S." I said as he snickered, fist bumping me as everyone frowned. "Are we the only ones that actually watch movies?" I said as Caitlin sighed loudly before typing into the keyboard.

"Uh, a few months ago, two sewer worker's went missing. The search party reported hearing strange animal like noises down in the tunnels." Caitlin said as I turned to Barry and Cisco.

"Where exactly did they go missing?" Cisco asked as Caitlin hummed.

"Fifth Avenue and Tenth Street." She answered. "There's an access point to the sewers about two blocks east of that intersection." 

"I'll start there." I said as I stood up.

"Woah what? No you aren't going there alone." Barry said as he stood in my way. "Especially when it's a meta-gorilla." 

"Alright then. Guess you're coming too. C'mon Cisco." I said as he choked on his slushie.

"What? Nah I-I'm good here. Wading through miles of rats, roaches and human excrement. . . Count me out." He said as I slowly turned to him, glaring. "uh.. I mean Count me in! Heh..." 

"You guys need a cop there." Joe said as Barry puffed out a breath.

"Joe. While we would honestly love to have you with us, I feel this is a three person job. And seeing as Grodd seems to like me even though I have never seen his face, I think it's best you stay safe and here." I said as Joe frowned at me before sighing, giving me a nod before pulling his gun out of his holster.