06. 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱
arts and crafts !

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱arts and crafts !

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

SOMETIMES luna would get in over her head about the smallest things. small, silly, trivial things. things she knows are easily solved if she just works on it. things like homework or doing the dishes. when that happens she usually watches an episode or two of unsolved mysteries or sleeps it off then she wakes up rejuvenated and ready to tackle whatever small problem lay before her.

but when it's something bigger, something like, say, telling your brother you might not be going to college, then sleep is out of the question. so she turns to the one thing that calms her, which happens to be the sole reason why college might not be in her future,
music.

while elio knew she played music, he'd rarely heard her actually play. luna would only practice when she's home alone and when she's not, she's afraid she'll bother elio, which he assures her she won't, but she's using that as an excuse simply because no one has ever actually heard her play, no one besides ms. patty.

the woman had caught luna playing one night after she was running late to a town meeting. very generously, ms. patty had offered her studio as a practice space of sorts. the woman had always been fond of the girl, she was friends with her grandmother and also gave her mother dance lessons. so when she saw luna tinkering around with that guitar, her heart fluttered at the sight.

currently, luna was closing ms. patty's studio as she does on many occasions, including the night she ran into jess and he pulled a coin out of her ear. this time however she stayed a little longer than usual. but that might be an understatement. she typically calls it a night at around 9pm but it's currently 1am and she's wondering how she lost track of time so easily.

quickly making her way through town, eager to get back before her brother finds out she never made it home, as she walked her left hand absentmindedly played with the ring on her right index finger. when she looked up, her eyes landed on a figure in front of doose's market. luna stopped in her tracks, eyes squinting to get a better look. she ruled out the chance of a robbery because it's stars hollow. carefully, she made her way closer to the store but quickly let out a sigh as she saw who it was.

"whatcha doin there?" she calls out, startling jess making him turn around quickly to face the girl, his arms goin around his back, hiding it from her sight. "what are you doing here?" he asked. "me? just thought i'd go for a stroll."

"at one in the morning?"

"it's the ideal time of day. and you still haven't answered my question."