07. 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
in plain sight !

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧in plain sight !

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

SHE had overslept. and so had her brother. the morning consisted of nothing but mayhem. the sounds of the two siblings rushing to get ready could be described as chaotic. it started with elio shouting at luna to wake up then continued with luna shouting at elio to hurry up in the bathroom. it was chaos.

so they were both thoroughly surprised when they managed to leave the house fast enough to make their morning stop at luke's, though they would have to take their coffee to go.

luna had taken the liberty of calling luke from the car to set her coffee aside so when she walked into the diner, she was instantly greeted with jess, a coffee to go in his hand. "i believe this is yours." he offered it to her. luna sighed out in relief as she took the drink from his grasp, muttering a quick thank you to him.

she greeted luke and lorelai before quickly exiting the diner, passing elio on the way in. moments later jess was calling out for her to wait up. she slightly slowed her pace, coming to a full halt to take a sip of her coffee.

"you look tired." he noted as he saw the bags under her eyes. "wonder why." she retorts. "hey, you were the one out at one am in the first place."

luna let out a sigh. "we probably shouldn't be seen together."

"why's that?"

"you committed a fake murder scene last night and now you're talking to me. it's suspicious." the girl explains, adjusting the grip on her coffee cup. "two people talking is suspicious?" he asked, eyebrows raised in amusement. "no, but if one of those two people is you, then yeah it's suspicious."

"you were as involved as i was."

"you're gonna drag me down with you if you get caught, aren't you?" the girl exasperated to which jess nods and smiles. "in a heartbeat."

"no honor among thieves, huh?"

"oh, we're thieves now, are we?"

"maybe not me. you, on the other hand."

jess scoffed, "that was harmless fun and everything got returned." luna narrowed her eyes at him. "harmless? tell that to babette's gnome. i heard he's very traumatized." the boy rolled his eyes, but before he could respond, a voice sounded from behind them.