05. 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐲 𝐳𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐢

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
death by zamboni !

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞death by zamboni !

┃░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│

MORNINGS at luke's were a constant in the gallagher sibling routine. the pair sat the counter, eating their breakfast luke had served them, the gilmore sat beside him as luke refilled their coffee. "so you haven't caused any trouble lately." elio remarked at his sister, causing luna to give him a confusing glare. "what do you mean?"

"you didn't fight me on who gets the car this morning. you've been acting nice. nicer than usual."

"i can punch you in the face if you want."

"never mind."

jess walks into the diner, appearing from the stairway. "jess, you were supposed to be down here — what the hell is that?" luke started but stopped after he saw his nephew's attire. jess was sporting a metallica shirt. "what?" he asked incredulously. "that." luke pointed to his shirt.

"that is a shirt."

"change."

"what?"

"go upstairs and change your shirt."

luna's eyebrows furrowed, as she observed the situation. "what's the problem? i think i have that shirt." she said, lifting the cup of coffee to her lips, taking a sip of the hot liquid.

"exactly." elio mumbled from next to her, earning him a slap to the shoulder from his sister. "ow! i take it back, you're not nice."

"i like this shirt." jess defended. "how can you like that shirt?" luke exasperated. "it brings out my eyes."

"part of the deal of you staying here is that you work here, and when you work here you will wear proper work attire, and that is not proper work attire. now go upstairs and change into something that won't scare the hell out of my customers." luke scolded his nephew. jess sighed at this. "whatever you say, uncle luke." he conceded and made his way upstairs.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

stars hollow high. a place where luna had dreaded going to for four years now. she's counting the days until graduation, until she's finally free from the constant pressure of academia, the mindless teens who don't have a care in the world.

luna sighed as she opened her locker, taking out her history textbook when chuck presby, the asshole of the school and quite possibly the bane of luna's existence, made his presence known. he cleared his throat as he leaned against the locker next to luna's.