Chapter 4

"Well that went well," Alice said as soon as they exited the room

"Maybe the interview would've gone better if you hadn't been flirting with that Atlas kid"

She would've snapped back but she didn't wanna lose the innocent act. Looking over she noticed he had genuine worry in his eyes, a lot of thoughts started swirling in her head- 'is he worried that me getting involved with Daniel will ruin his plans or something? Wait- why am I thinking about getting involved with daniel? I'm not...am I? Well, he IS pretty cute- I mean he's an obvious flirt which is something he needs to work on but I think he's pretty cool. Definitely a good addition to The Eye. wow. I have a crush on Daniel atlas. This is going to be an interesting mission.' She just shook her head at Dylan and followed him to a car so they could go to meet 'Thaddeus Bradley'

She didn't pay much attention when the bank trick was being explained, seeing as she had already known how it was done but she did look around in wonder because DAMN did they go into some crazy detail for this vault. She tuned out Dylan for like the 5th time since she'd met him until they were back in the car and he explained that they were going to the horsemen's next show. That piqued her interest, she was going to have to call her boss and ask if she was supposed to interfere with this show because if she was then she was going to need to set up some holograms or something.

-----------

After getting the ok from her boss Alice began to work on the hologram and the voice recording she was going to need for tomorrow. Deciding that she wouldn't do any tricks she'd just mess with the system a little bit. Making a bold decision she came to the conclusion that she wouldn't edit the voice recording too much and would reveal that she was a girl. Well- they could choose whether or not to believe that it was her real voice or not. After finally finishing she found herself incredibly giddy for the show that was to come.

------------

Sitting in the theatre she was practically restless. Yes, she had basically seen them perform the first time because she had been sitting in the audience the whole time but this performance was closer. The lights dimmed and The horsemen were announced one by one with spotlights hitting all of them. They took the time to acknowledge Dylan and herself to which they got a few boos from the crowd but she didn't really care seeing as she wasn't Really after them. The light was bright though so she had to squint and cover her eyes. Opening them again she readjusted to the dark and that's when she noticed her boss in the crowd. Not uncommon for him. He goes to a lot of The Eye's performances. She looked back at Daniel to find him smirking at her "Is what follows now 100 tricks or one big illusion"

She enjoyed the tricks a lot and she had to admit they kept her on the edge of her seat. She felt a weird feeling when Daniel caught Henley, Like jealousy but toned down because she couldn't be feeling jealousy this early on in her crush. Definitely not. She wanted to pay attention during the whole money fiasco but she had to go on her phone to make sure her hologram would do the right thing. 

She played it off as checking the time or the weather. She looked up to see Arthur Tressler lunge after Meritt but he couldn't move because he was chained to the round and she realized it was about time for her hologram. She chased after Dylan who got tackled and she activated the hologram with a small button she had hidden in her palm. Suddenly the rope the Horsemen were escaping on stopped and she could see the panic in Jack's eyes. Following his line of sight she saw her hologram by the edge of the stage, it looked up at the horsemen and waved, and then it threw a card.

 The card was a hologram of course but she took that moment to throw an actual card at Jack while nobody was looking. Her hologram giggled, blew Daniel a kiss, and then disappeared in a cloud of smoke. The horsemen's rope continued and Alice groaned as she remembered she'd have to do a lot of running to fake chasing after them. Ugh.

--------

After what felt like useless running she finally caught up to Daniel who was on a wall

After what felt like useless running she finally caught up to Daniel who was on a wall. She pulled out her gun and aimed it at him and he put his hands up slowly but she couldn't shoot him (for obvious reasons) so he took her moment of 'hesitation' to waved at her and then jumped down and she cringed at Dylan's scolding voice. She did NOT like the act that Dylan was playing.

--------

The horsemen after all meeting up at the apartment agreed that while that was another successful performance there was still the mysterious magician who kept interrupting their performances. Daniel looked over at Jack who was fiddling with the card the figure had thrown at them. "What's that one Jack"

" It's the Queen of Diamonds"

"What's it say"

"You"

Henley cut in "Well the first one said 'Do' and now this one says 'You' so are they going to spell out a message?"

"Probably. But we only have one more performance left so whatever they're going to say they've got to say it fast" Jack observed the card more "Hey guys I think there are some initials on here" They all snapped their heads to Jack

"What are they," I think they're 'C.C' are they on the other card?"

Henley looked at the card and then noticed them in the corner "Yeah"

"What does C.C stand for"

"Does anyone know of any magicians who have the initials C.C?"

"...No"

The horsemen wanted to talk about it more but they had to prepare for Jacks 'death'